Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thrade to share your brilliant ideas

I had a brilliant idea today.

Change all your passwords to "incorrect". If you get your password wrong the computer will remind you that your password is incorrect.

This is an excellent way harness the power of artificial intelligence in your life.

Am I a great genius of vast intellect for bringing this wondrous idea to you all?

Hint: The correct answer is "Yes".

This only works 100% of the time if your username is also "incorrect". This is because many systems will only tell you that your "username or password is incorrect".

Comment

Thank you Aeson. You may be my equal in vastness of intellect!

An excellent idea.

Now, why didn't I think of that?

Comment

I wish I had a reverse alarm clock that automatically put me to sleep past a specified time. This would (a) improve my sleeping habits and (b) make me rich.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My idea is to take advantage of the whole industry 4.0 thingie. With ever more robots doing human work they'd also need a place to hang out and talk after work, so I'm opening a strictly inter-robot web forum and internet café soon.
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I wish I had a reverse alarm clock that automatically put me to sleep past a specified time. This would (a) improve my sleeping habits and (b) make me rich.
            I have such an alarm clock. It was prescribed to me by my neurologist for something completely different, but I found it had a useful side effect: at the recommended dosage, I would be fine for two hours, then I would be face down in my corn flakes. Sleep felt completely natural too.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Hemlock works really well as a sleep aid. We should sell it on our site.
              Last edited by Uncle Sparky; October 21, 2016, 00:29.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

AAHZ might write a book on how to defeat Schizoaffective Disorder, so that he might help others with the disease(s) that have not had the same success as I have had with it.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  My idea is to take advantage of the whole industry 4.0 thingie. With ever more robots doing human work they'd also need a place to hang out and talk after work, so I'm opening a strictly inter-robot web forum and internet café soon.
                  Lots of bots come here, to Poly OT. Particularly the Vietnamese bots. You may have to lure them away.

Comment

i haven't seen a vietnamese bot for ages. perhaps they've gone to a busier forum.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The world needs a better ketchup. One with less sugar but more taste. We need a condiment revolution. :revolution:
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        i haven't seen a vietnamese bot for ages. perhaps they've gone to a busier forum.
                        Maybe they don't like us anymore?

I just thought Aeson was perpetrating boticide on them?

Comment

I changed the signup process a bit and they haven't redone the bots yet. Also all new posters who post links go to a moderation queue.

Comment

DO YOU MEAN THE NEW POSTER WE HAD WAS REAL???!!!
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              Maybe they felt just misunderstood...
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X