Trolling and hate on the Net. Interesting article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling and hate on the Net. Interesting article

I found this article an interesting read.

It is about a woman and the troll who showed her hatred, then apologised.

I’m often deluged with hate online, but after one troll stole my dead dad’s identity to abuse me, I decided to ask him why

Say what you will about poly trolls, but I don't think anyone has sunk (or risen?) to the level of "harrassment by dead relative DL" before ...

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
      I found this article an interesting read.

It is about a woman and the troll who showed her hatred, then apologised.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...oll-lindy-west
      Wow.

Now if more could do that, including a certain twitter troll with orange hair. Maybe suddenly have a moment of enlightenment. I'm dreaming.

I admit I was horrible in the past myself and regret all the things I said. Now I'm a vocal and passionate genderbending leftist, but hey I try to ease up (unless we are talking about Ben). The moment I found love and realized who I am, is the moment I broke from my own unhappiness.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I for one admire everyone who has found purpose in life, even if it's only calling other ppl stuff on social media or the wider intarwubbs. Seriously
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Say what you will about poly trolls, but I don't think anyone has sunk (or risen?) to the level of "harrassment by dead relative DL" before ...
          Is that a challenge?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
            Wow.

Now if more could do that, including a certain twitter troll with orange hair. Maybe suddenly have a moment of enlightenment. I'm dreaming.

I admit I was horrible in the past myself and regret all the things I said. Now I'm a vocal and passionate genderbending leftist, but hey I try to ease up (unless we are talking about Ben). The moment I found love and realized who I am, is the moment I broke from my own unhappiness.

Do you like fems or masculine men?

(That is not a come on.)
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Add Kidicious to that. Another troll like Ben.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Add Kidicious to that. Another troll like Ben.
                Ah so you just call people trolls when they ask you simple questions. A lot of you do that I've noticed. It's very toxic behavior.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  Ah so you just call people trolls when they ask you simple questions. A lot of you do that I've noticed. It's very toxic behavior.
                  You are a very toxic presence on here. If anybody (except you or Ben) would have asked, I would be happy to answer. But I don't answer questions from well known bigots.

Comment

But I don't answer questions from well known bigots.
                    how many people have to know about a person's bigotry before they become too well known for you?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      how many people have to know about a person's bigotry before they become too well known for you?
                      Well I can spot them in an instant and from that moment forward they are well known to me as bigots lol.

But if you were to ask Sava, I prefer feminine guys.

Comment

But if you were to ask Sava, I prefer feminine guys.

i'm not here for that
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          i'm not here for that
                          Lol

Just business dealings I guess.

Comment

yeah, i just think it would be fun to work with someone who i've "known" on this site for a while

i'm really just bored

right now, i'm all about civ 6

i got a ton of work done yesterday, so i can coast for a few days
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well I can spot them in an instant...
                              Giancarlo can tell someone is a bad person just by looking at them.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X