Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to speed up my plans to leave the UK

Seriously, WTF is going on?

Businesses will be forced to reveal how many foreign staff they employ under Government plans to force companies to take on more British workers, the Home Secretary has said.

Amber Rudd vows to stop migrants 'taking jobs British people could do' and force companies to reveal number of foreigners they employ

Businesses will be forced to reveal how many foreign staff they employ under Government plans to force companies to take on more British workers, the Home Secretary has said.

Amber Rudd used her speech at the Conservative Party conference to warn that foreign workers should not be able to "take the jobs that British people should do".

She revealed that companies could be forced to publish the proportion of "international" staff on their books in a move which would effectively "name and shame" businesses which are failing to take on British workers.

etc etc. etc.

I fear pattycakes and girlstar are right and the UK is full of Nazis.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Not nazis.
    Gays.
    Don't get me wrong

Comment

(and there's nothing wrong with that)

You have the equivalent of trump in gov (not elected en plus!) and an even more hilarious clown as foreign minister so everything is dandy and expected

Comment

BRB buying up the Pound now that Dauphin is leaving.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What are you? Canadian or something?
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

There are no legal punishments so really it just amounts to naming and then grandstanding.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              There are no legal punishments so really it just amounts to naming and then grandstanding.
              Come on. There are like 1000 different reasons of why this is wrong and you know it...
              Besides, "forcing/shaming" companies to employ a specific type of people is not exactly free market...
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

I fear pattycakes and girlstar are right and the UK is full of Nazis.
                Yeah, things are very confusing at the moment. After years of people calling the tories fascists and nazis, it's almost like they got sick of it and thought 'Well you know what? If you're going to call us nazis then we're going to BECOME nazis! Let's see how you like these apples!'.

Seriously, forcing companies to publish how many foreigners they have working for them? That's ****ed. I'm really glad I ****ed off to France when I did, although if they pursue this insane hard Brexit line they seem to be intent on, I might end up having to apply for political asylum.

Comment

Also I really thought the Eton clique taking over Westminster was an all time low for the country. Now like many others I find myself thinking back wistfully to the good old days when that nice Mr Cameron wasn't encouraging kristallnacht or planning for a new final solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    But where will you go?

The lunatics are running the asylum in the antipodean colonies.

The rebels in the American colonies have a pair of lunatics contending for leadership.

Comment

There is an eerie inactivity in the forum so I feel obligd to point out that antipodian is not antilopian
                      While the latter refers to the sympathetic mamal the former is (yet again) a greek loan comes from anti and podi.
                      In plain text it's counter and foot. A justapostiction.
                      That might make australia a smelly foot? In any case it's too far away and has kangooroos and they make texans look sophisticated I'm told

Comment

Nothing makes Texans look sophisticated.
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Dauphin = Mark Carney???
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                            Come on. There are like 1000 different reasons of why this is wrong and you know it...
                            Besides, "forcing/shaming" companies to employ a specific type of people is not exactly free market...
                            On the contrary, it is indeed the free market. As long as there are no official penalties advocacy and making sure data is available to the public is very much a part of the free market.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                              There is an eerie inactivity in the forum so I feel obligd to point out that antipodian is not antilopian
                              While the latter refers to the sympathetic mamal the former is (yet again) a greek loan comes from anti and podi.
                              In plain text it's counter and foot. A justapostiction.
                              That might make australia a smelly foot? In any case it's too far away and has kangooroos and they make texans look sophisticated I'm told
                              Kangaroos are delicious.

You Greeks could turn them into "Kangaroo Yiros".

Comment

Working...
                              X