Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The impending robot apocalypse, now with 20% more nudity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The impending robot apocalypse, now with 20% more nudity.

Westworld premiered on HBO last night. This is a TV series remake of Crichton's 1973 film about a dinosaur Wild West theme park where the attractions start killing the guests. The updated version comes to us from Abrams (I think maybe in name only) and Jonathan Nolan (brother/writing partner of Christopher Nolan), which gives me hope. Jonathan Nolan is responsible for Person of Interest, which might just have been the best high concept SF (all-seeing AI) fights crime series out there. Westworld is on HBO, though, which means the pilot was pretty saturated with nudity. But there were breasts and penises, so at least they were being egalitarian about it. Anyone else watch it or going to?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Plan on watching it tonight
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was waiting to hear what others thought. The promos didn't look that good.
      So, thumbs up or down. If you want to wait a few weeks to commit an answer, that's fine. There's always on demand.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I enjoyed it. There were some clever bits, but also some eye-rolling ones. Good acting for the most part, with two exceptions for me. A little slow and meandering, with a lot going on, but very nicely shot and with hints of more interesting stuff to come.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

After watching the trailer, my wife and I rated it as a 50/50 chance to be a fun show, or a terrible one.
          Time will tell
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X