Is there any hope for preppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any hope for preppers?

Just finished few prepper videos as they kept mentioning Finland and how Finland is preparing for a long-term war with the you know who.

I found it interesting how I cannot track any of the sources the US preppers mentioned. Some local prepping site supposedly has all the info, and in Finland, we are stockpiling foods, cash and water.

This is untrue, and if it were, I'm sure we'd get the memo.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

self biased easily claims the first poast
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Finland is an easy example to make because they are 'western europe' (so relatable), yet remote enough that it's unlikely for anyone to fact check.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I have heard this rumor from a Finn as well. Is there any basis to this, Pekka?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No, there really is no hope for them as they are all pretty much mentally ill loons lost in their own echo chamber of delusions. It wouldn't be so bad if they just hide away in their doom bunkers and never came out but the truth is these loonies regularly go on shooting sprees so they are a danger to everyone else.

The halarious thing is how stupid so many of them are, spending all their money on weapons, freeze dried food, and gold coins for the end of the wprld while failing to prepare for much more likely events like paying for health insurnce or even simy paying their taxes or mortgage. The doomsday preplers show had one loony tunes hag crying because she had stopped paying her mortgage so she cpuld uy useless prepper junk but when the bank foreclosed on ger stupid butt she had no where to store her junk so it all got thrown out.

I can still hear her on the show saying "I thought for sure the world would end before this happened. "
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

None what so ever. And I've no interest in lying if it was otherwise.

While it is true that Russian troops have been moving close to the border and moving AA-missiles to cover large areas with the huge snap military exercises in the region, that was on the papers. And the response was usual; this happens all the time. We do the same. With lesser amount of resources, but it's not liek this is anything new - this has been going on for decades. THere is no stockpiling going on et mass, and I did not get the memo. All I got (from the news) was that there is big troop movements, but that's only to be expected.

And the site is the same that is been used as the source. superstation95 or so.

We are pretty much "prepared" at all times for this anyway in terms of military. It would be futile, yes, but I was genuinely surprised of the rumour. So I had to check the rest of the videos and the only news I can find is the old "troop movements". The way this is dealt with is just supervising the movements and that's it. The border has been, in some terms, always active. It looks more of the same. Just back and forth. As for actual escalation of the situation.... well.. it would most likely be pressuring the Baltics or Ukraine more. Please be aware that the rumours from the preppers are also linking this all to WWIII and the end of times. Alex Jones neighbourhood.

I am not denying activity. Just saying activity is every day, and nothing seems to be different. Would I know if there was something super secret going on? Probably not, but I'd know about the hints of "start stockpiling". And as someone, who would get that info pretty soon, it just is not happening. The president's "warning" is not a "warning of rising military tension" but critique against EU falling apart slowly but surely. Especially in terms of military cohesion. Our president had high hopes for the EU army. Nordic cooperation, something that is not NATO, but of our own. To create stability within Europe. And now that it is not obviously happening and Brexit as well, he was disappointed, as the security situation got worse on paper. It's fairly simple and yet complicated. When you share a long border with a big neighbour, you need to trade, your people's get mixed, businesses are tied and intermingled, and yes, you still need to prepare for a conflict. Finland has a tricky situation, where it plays ball with the Baltics, is a European country and identifies with the West, but is maybe more just Nordic and UK was a big stabilizer, with nukes and all that. Finland's military strategy has always been and continues to be the same; it can be overtaken, but with a cost. We'd be more interested in doing business rather than play rhetorics. We have nothing to back up rhetorics and there's really no point.

I mean... it's not like we need to be the strongest. It's not possible. We can only ally ourselves, do business and or make it costly. So far Finland tries to do all of the above. But I guess at the end of it all, the biggest point should be prospering. We can think of the Russians as the most evil nation in the world, but I'd rather see them as peoples, prepare for the worst but try to see the common interest as well, while not alienating or isolating from the western Europe. And that's why it's very tricky, you have to play ball to many directions at the same time.

Let's face it, if the Russia wanted to take the Baltics, it would do so in manner of some days. They're ready and capable. They choose not to. There is really not a damn thing we can do about that, except be disappointed. The nuke threat is viable, however, who wants to destroy the world? That seems like the worst option of them all. So I'm not stockpiling, we need an actual case of hostility first. And even then, I'd be called to the army.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Another excellent episode had some suburban wannabe commando going on and on about what a deadly weapons master he was and how he was one of the best shooters in the world, etc... Halfway through the episode the jackass accidently shoots himself in his own hand and ends up blowing off his thumb. My all time favorite episode had some 600 pound loser on a mobility scouter living off of SSI DI because he claimed to be too fat to work going on and on about what a great survivalist he was and how the government feared him. His stockpile of food mostly seemed to consist of packaged junk food he bought using food stamps.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                No, there really is no hope for them as they are all pretty much mentally ill loons lost in their own echo chamber of delusions. It wouldn't be so bad if they just hide away in their doom bunkers and never came out but the truth is these loonies regularly go on shooting sprees so they are a danger to everyone else.

The halarious thing is how stupid so many of them are, spending all their money on weapons, freeze dried food, and gold coins for the end of the wprld while failing to prepare for much more likely events like paying for health insurnce or even simy paying their taxes or mortgage. The doomsday preplers show had one loony tunes hag crying because she had stopped paying her mortgage so she cpuld uy useless prepper junk but when the bank foreclosed on ger stupid butt she had no where to store her junk so it all got thrown out.

I can still hear her on the show saying "I thought for sure the world would end before this happened. "
                HEY!!!

We're not all insane nutniks! Low level prepping is just a set of common-sense precautions that keep you comfy in less end of the world-y emergencies like hurricanes and blizzards
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

...and it's only the one gold coin.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I am becoming somewhat more of a prepper. I don't have a bunker (yet), but working towards being self-sufficient from a food/water/energy standpoint. Does this make me part Finnish?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      HEY!!!

We're not all insane nutniks! Low level prepping is just a set of common-sense precautions that keep you comfy in less end of the world-y emergencies like hurricanes and blizzards
                      ... or a Trump presidency. (Or is that more end of the world-y?)

Comment

The hardest part will be recreating the internet on my own intranet, in case the **** hits the fan. I will need to make lots of spambots to argue with.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Pekka! Good to know!
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            I am becoming somewhat more of a prepper. I don't have a bunker (yet), but working towards being self-sufficient from a food/water/energy standpoint. Does this make me part Finnish?
                            No. You're a Yanqui capitalist imperialist exploiting the natives on your plantations.

Comment

And you're Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X