Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fitness and in health

Do you work out? What do you do?

I'm being fat right now. Though the biggest reason is just being consistent, eating badly, drinking beer and whatnot.

What do you do? Diet? Rest? Sports?

I reckon diet and rest are the most important, sports can't fix no sleep or bad diet.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I don't do anything specifically to work out, but various things around the farm and construction on the house require a bit of exertion on my part. I don't eat as healthy as I used to. More meat and dairy products now, more processed foods, less fresh veggies. Other than the last couple months which were hectic, I get lots of rest.

I'm up to 185lbs or so, but other than a bad back that's always been a problem since my early 20's ... still in ok shape.

Comment

Pekka, the answer is simple. It took me a long time to figure it out, but once you do this your life and health will significantly improve...

Whip out your penis.

Then your self-confidence will rise and it wont matter if you drink beer and eat doughnuts all day. Your penis will be out. Go into public, with your mighty Pekka-Penis™ drawing the admiration of all who behold it. You might even change the world.

Do it Pekka. If not for yourself... for all of mankind.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
        Pekka, the answer is simple. It took me a long time to figure it out, but once you do this your life and health will significantly improve...

Whip out your penis.

Then your self-confidence will rise and it wont matter if you drink beer and eat doughnuts all day. Your penis will be out. Go into public, with your mighty Pekka-Penisâ„¢ drawing the admiration of all who behold it. You might even change the world.

Do it Pekka. If not for yourself... for all of mankind.
        I already know. People have complained it hurts. I've been cockshamed. Too big. I cannot use regual size condoms. I hurt people and take no pleasure out of that. I hurt, too, if she has a coil. I hit it. I am doomed to not take much pleasure from sex. It's like having big breasts, it's no fun, your back gets all screwed up.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well, when I train I use my treadmill, my own Polar HRM+Fitnesswatch and have my own flexible training regimes that I assemble from some 5-15 minute modules (that usually fall into one of 3 categories: Pyramid-Speed-Buildup and -down ... Constant Speed ... and Alternation between Running Speed and Walking Speed)
          All of this alternated with more conventional weight training with HRM/Watch and either dumb-bells or no other equipment at all.

But training is on and off for me.
          Occasionally I have times when I train more intensely (like 3+ times/week) ... then I have times when I train occasionally (like 1-2 times/ week) and then I have months long times when I don't train anything at all.
          I have to admit that I am in the latter pase currently

Maybe I'll begin training again during fall/winter.

During my most intensely time of training (some years ago) I went within 3-4 months from no training to being able to run 1.5 hours with no pause (or walking periods) at 9 km/h
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'm 57...work out everyday. I walk 2-3 hours on my treadmill, varying between -3% grade and plus 6 % grade @ 2.0-2.5 mph. I also do a punch routine as well as lock n pops (martial arts varying come alongs and take down maneuvers)

I usually burn 800-1200 calories along with whatever my punching adds to calorie burn.

I drink plenty of water as well.

I have dropped 90 pounds in 1.5 years and have had some of my best blood work ever!

I have my bloodwork done every three months, and all are in line, as I am a Type II Diabetic my A1C1 is running 5-8-6.0 down from above 9

Triglycerides way down and very controlled Cholesterol, BP runs 108/72 area most of the time.

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I've lost a lot of weight over the last year due to, uh, economically-induced caloric restriction. So I'm not overweight like I used to be. But the food I do eat is pretty terrible, and I don't work out. My father's two heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgery are sitting there, a giant warning sign of what's to come, but I'm assuming they'll have cured heart disease by the time I have to worry about.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                I've lost a lot of weight over the last year due to, uh, economically-induced caloric restriction. So I'm not overweight like I used to be. But the food I do eat is pretty terrible, and I don't work out. My father's two heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgery are sitting there, a giant warning sign of what's to come, but I'm assuming they'll have cured heart disease by the time I have to worry about.
                After reading this reminds me of a helpful lifestyle change I heard on a talkshow, I used to eat a huge plateful of food, and stopped when I got full feeling.

I now use a smaller plate with smaller portion sizes and stop before I get that full feeling. Most times it helps.

Then other trick I learned and it helps me, when in city traffic, I pull up to a traffic light, tighten my abdominal muscles and hold until I clear the intersection, one,tow or three minutes or more and breath normally between lights.

This helps somewhat on tone.

I also drink a lot of water to flush out my system.

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

At 99 kg I am equal to my worse. Unlike my worse I have a reasonable amount of muscle.

Basically trying to balance fatherhood, living and working on two continents and other such things has proven difficult.

Also, my wife and I dated at restaurants and desert cafes in Sweden, so special times are often very unhealthy diet wise (and have been common during the stresses of the last two years).

I recently started a gym membership (in Chile) again, when I am there I try to go 3 times a week.

Also in Chile I do a fair bit of walking (6k steps mostly on hills).

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Exericese zero. Except when at sea.
                    There I swim for hours I become a dolphin. But land, baaaaah
                    I subrscribed once to a gym for a whole year and I went three times.

a) There was a program that combined aerobics with martial arts. So there was the gymnastist and the speakers started blasting techno and everyone started dancing and kicking. Non stop. When I mean non stop I mean they kept going and going and going. Having sweat profoundly I started wonedering if I can possible predict when my heart is going to crap out. It didn't and it was fun. The next three days people asked me if I suffer from a terminal disease.

b) the yoga class. there were a lot of nice asses if you know what I mean. One of the best was the instructor's She just stood right in front of me and did all these exercises that entailed putting her ass right in front of my face. My concentration started lacking. It wasn't a succesful endeavor, from an exercise POV but very enjoyable nevertheless.

c) the running platform. This was not a class. I just went there and started walking on the platform. It felt stupid. I could be walking outside seeing trees and green and nature. Also I couldn't keep my balance straight. Didn't help that there were some champs next platform that run like flash. Not enjoyable except that I fulfilled my exercise duty.

and that concludes it
                    Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 4, 2016, 06:19.

Comment

I do a 20 minute run 2-3 times a week and a 1-hour spin session at the gym once a week.

5'10" tall. 161 pounds as of this morning. BMI 23.1
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I must be doing something wrong.

I got myself fitbit, and it says today I've walked 8km, just at work. Which is true, I walk quite a bit during the day. Burned calories, 3600kcal. That's a lot. I sleep 8 hours a day. Then again, this sleeping thing is new and I always miss breakfast ("too busy" yada yada), and eat horribly late at night while drinkign beer.

But I have to in order to keep up the working pace. I don't get drunk. I wonder what would happen if I'd quit beer and eating at night. hmmm... my resting heart rate is 59. Lower when sleeping. That is genetics though, my dad has a super athlete heart rate. I guess no heart disease for me, only brain stuff My blood work is good. All indicators tells me I am at very good health, yet I weigh like a whale now.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                        X