Juan Gabriel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Gabriel

Juan Gabriel, the prolific Latin American music icon, died in Santa Monica, California, two days after performing in his final concert.

I saw him last year live.

I'm at a loss for words.

He always had a wonderful passion and love for others. Not many in this world are like that.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

A bad, bad year for music.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Indeed. Juan Gabriel was beloved from Europe, to the US and all across Latin America. He was a symbol and legend in Mexico.

He always had a wonderful temperament and was always so calm. He also paved the way for many to feel more open about themselves too. That is how my boyfriend and I feel about him.

I'm so sad. I was almost going to see him again in the Forum on Friday, but was not able to get a ticket.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
      X