No announcement yet.

Wish me luck - we're going in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys it took so long to post, I had low battery as my phone get going *ping ping ping* after I posted that everything is still CLEAN!

Now, I got 2 more times to go. The next one will be next Spring and then Autumn and then I have to get symptoms if I want to get in. These resources are veery expensive; they don't save any money on people (especially younger ones), so all work is done without asking.

It was so great. All the things were different. My neuro-oncologist had a different room, she did not leave a message (she usually does that it's all good), and she kept us waiting for a bit, was going to different rooms - yet took her some while to call me in. I was scared and paranoid. Bad news, right? Thankfully my gf was with me, held my hand and kept me distracted with stories. So we went in, and all was well, and I just said let's make this quick, then. I said my insomnia is still kind of bad and she gave me subsciption for just about every single drug there is for it. "Start from these, I'll write you a note about the usage and dosage". "Need any paper work? What do you need?". She's the best. What ever is needed, she just gives it to you. My gf, also a doctor, was like "mm I don't think that's a good drug for him, aren't those benzos?" and then my doc banged her fist to the table and said, "I disagree! His brain damage has damaged his sleep abilities, he cannot reach default mode because of it. He will not sleep without. This drug can help him."

My gf shut her mouth quick. She rarely does that, in case it's a debate. However, my doc is very cool, it was not a debate. And it was good to hear the reason for the insomnia, it is physical and it is just "broken". So I know to take one when I go on my 3rd day and no sleep ahead, instead of getting all desparate about things.

It was also kind of hot to see 2 doctors go at it. I've submitted her before, but seeing her...well... take it from an authority was an experience.

Went to have lunch with a friend, gf had to go and see more patients, and she gets off so late that she suggested we celebrate on Thursday after work so she is still awake. Good, I can wait a few days. Makes it better, the wait. Also went to see Suicide Club - it was OKish, but not great. I don't like how they always need a big brother, Enchanter should have kicked ass WITHOUT him. I am sure the feminist geekdom will destroy the movie. And the true fanatics will prolly destroy it anyway. But still, tradition continues, movie after check up.

But... PARTYYYY!!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Congrats.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Comment

Congrats, Pekka!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Congrats ... your immune system and the meds obviously do a superb work
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Congrats Pekka!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

It's good to be alive...
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yes, it certainly beats the alternative.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuldan.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	9102851Click image for larger version

Name:	Bender.gif
Views:	2
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	9102852Click image for larger version

Name:	Butt.gif
Views:	5
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	9102853Click image for larger version

Name:	Morganercise3.gif
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	9102854Click image for larger version

Name:	HippieChick2.gif
Views:	3
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	9102855Click image for larger version

Name:	BrainHurtz.gif
Size:	404 Bytes
ID:	9102858 Click image for larger version

Name:	RocketLaunch.gif
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	9102856 Click image for larger version

Name:	unworthy.gif
Size:	265 Bytes
ID:	9102860 ->Click image for larger version

Name:	MyHero.gif
Size:	531 Bytes
ID:	9102857<- Click image for larger version

Name:	WorshipingMiriam.gif
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	9102859 Click image for larger version

Name:	RocketLaunch.gif
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	9102856Click image for larger version

Name:	BrainHurtz.gif
Size:	404 Bytes
ID:	9102858Click image for larger version

Name:	HippieChick2.gif
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	9102855Click image for larger version

Name:	Morganercise3.gif
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	9102854Click image for larger version

Name:	Butt.gif
Views:	5
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	9102853Click image for larger version

Name:	Bender.gif
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	9102852Click image for larger version

Name:	fuldan.gif
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	9102851
                    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Glad to hear you passed!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Congrats!
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good news is always welcome.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Great news.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Pekka
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]178648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178655[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]178653[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]178657[/ATTACH] ->[ATTACH=CONFIG]178654[/ATTACH]<- [ATTACH=CONFIG]178656[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]178653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178648[/ATTACH]
                                What he said.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X