Sea Shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Shells

During the vacations I did a lot of productive things such as swimming, visiting ancients sites, lurv and snorkeling.

All I have to show for is photos and a whole basket of beautiful sea shells.

The question is what to do with them.
    After being reanched with baking soda and cleared they are now drying off.

There are some very small ones that miracoulosly have a tiny hole in them, so I can make a medalion out of them and pretend I'm the son of poseidon.

But that leaves a bazzilion others unused.

Ideas

1. Make them into a line and hang them in the bathroom. For some reason sea things go well together in the bathroom.

2. Take a piece of wood, square and glue them and make an artful thing. Hopefully

3. Take a round piece of wood and have three lines of thread, put them there and put them on the balcony so that they go "ching ching" when there is wind.

4. (the most probable outcome) leave them in a bucket on the balcony

option #3.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        There are some very small ones that miracoulosly have a tiny hole in them, so I can make a medalion out of them and pretend I'm the son of poseidon.
        That hole is where whatever killed the bugger got at it.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

aha...
          some have it right on top so they're ideal for the necklage

Comment

Be a forerunner for the future and use them in your toilet

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Comment

While not a very good movie, there were quite a few great lines in it.

My mom took a designer bowl and artfully arranged the shells in it. (gluing them into place) and used it as a center piece) She choose a bowl for the colors to highlight those in the shells. It looked quite classy.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140723.png
Views:	1
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	9102637

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140723after.gif
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	9102638

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Alliterations
                    Blah

Comment

I use to wear small shells as jewelry. Lol. Not anymore.

I think making your own wind chime is best. Once I move with my bf to an apartment with a balcony, I know I would. Why pay some high price?
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Well I made one.
                        We went with the SO to a make your own jewelry shop and got a thread and some small metal things. It's ridicoulosly easy.

Looks good

Will proceed with the wind chime the moment I find some cheap drill. Not paying 60 euros for a shell drill (I might as well use the black and decker)

Now I have the powah of poseidon. Plus I will remember the good times
                        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; August 5, 2016, 14:51.

Comment

I might as well use the black and decker
                          At low speed it should be just fine.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah the guy at the hard ware store asked if I just wanted the fine drill line or a specialized drill. I guess I can just get the drill accessory and not the specialized drill.

Comment

Working...
                            X