Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there as much hectic running in ST:Beyond as in the first two "new" ST movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there as much hectic running in ST:Beyond as in the first two "new" ST movies?

I found that rather annoying. Also the overuse of lensflares
    Blah

Haven't seen it yet, because we haven't yet progressed to a post-currency economy.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Haven't seen it yet, because we haven't yet progressed to a post-currency economy.
      I blame the alternative storyline in new ST Also I forgot to mention I also dislike the new "evil empire" style starfleet uniforms
      Blah

Comment

Go see Mars Attacks instead. It's a much better film in the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Go see Mars Attacks instead. It's a much better film in the genre.
          Have they made a sequel for that classic?

I'm also impartial to Galaxy Quest. An incredibly awesome movie. Anything with Tim Allen in it is great.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm also impartial to Galaxy Quest. An incredibly awesome movie. Anything with Tim Allen in it is great.
            One of my guilty pleasures also.
            Always good for a good laugh.
            and I always appreciate Sigourney Weaver's uniform.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, it is as action-filled as its predecessors.

But still IMHO it is much better than the Star Trek movies that JJ Abrams directed before#

And it has lots of scenes dedicated to the late Leonard Nimoy

I also have to admit that the JJ Abrams-Enterprise is more believable (than the TOS Enterprise) as an exploration vessel on which hundreds of crewmembers work and live their lifes and where numerous artifacts get examined and categorized and collected
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; July 27, 2016, 18:16.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Highly recommended. Very fun movie.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I was a little skeptical of the movie at first, but was completely won over when Kirk and Bones drove 20th century muscle cars out the back of the exploding Enterprise, successfully reentered the neighboring planet's atmosphere, rescued Spock from a moving alien police van, and then pulled off the greatest heist in galactic history, all while pursued by the toughest agent in the Federation Diplomatic Security corps.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzy Drake View Post
                    I was a little skeptical of the movie at first, but was completely won over when Kirk and Bones drove 20th century muscle cars out the back of the exploding Enterprise, successfully reentered the neighboring planet's atmosphere, rescued Spock from a moving alien police van, and then pulled off the greatest heist in galactic history, all while pursued by the toughest agent in the Federation Diplomatic Security corps.
                    I didn't drop acid before the movie, but also enjoyed it.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I will watch it as part of my six monthly instalment ritual of cleansing my self from culture

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzy Drake View Post
                        Am unsure if joking or actually describing movie, please advise.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

My god I love calling Elok a nerd. I feel moar centered, focused, and all-around happy after I do it.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sounds fun; let me give it a try...

Elok is a nerd.

I haven't seen the new Trek yet, but the daughter reports it to be quite surprisingly good, and much more tightly plotted than the previous drive-truck-through-plot-holes effort. However, I will be seeing the new Jason Bourne first.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              Am unsure if joking or actually describing movie, please advise.
                              NA, let it be a surprise, because you know you're going to see it eventually.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X