Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Trump is lying and full of ****. So why should I believe him?
    better question: why should i believe what you say trump's foreign policy is over what trump says trump's foreign policy is?
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM
      some things never change.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A reasonable isolationist, as some are describing Trump, is more likely to cause war, just not wars directly involving the US. All of those Baltic states eager to rejoin mother Russia will be able to so, just like Crimea, eastern Ukraine, and South Ossetia. In exchange our Russian friend will open new Trump Hotels and Golf Resorts throughout Russia.
        I think Costa Rica would make a lovely resort, don't you?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          Whenever I read a Fez post now I will be seeing BAM BAM BAM to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

better question: why should i believe what you say trump's foreign policy is over what trump says trump's foreign policy is?
            And tell me why should I believe a man who changes his views more times than a wind changing direction? Trump isn't exactly believeable. And his domestic policy is repugnant too. He is doubling down on bull****.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Like you?

Your words apparently are weighed in gold, right? I should just take your word for it, right? Keep up the BAMs yourself. You are starting to sound psychotic.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

when you're ready to actually have a discussion and respond to the points that people make, then let me know.

Comment

when you're ready to actually have a discussion and respond to the points that people make, then let me know.
                  Um, I'm waiting for you to do that. You still didn't answer my question on why I should believe Trump. I have made clear points and have had a discussion. You engaged in hysterical attacks rooted in the past. Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    A reasonable isolationist, as some are describing Trump, is more likely to cause war, just not wars directly involving the US. All of those Baltic states eager to rejoin mother Russia will be able to so, just like Crimea, eastern Ukraine, and South Ossetia. In exchange our Russian friend will open new Trump Hotels and Golf Resorts throughout Russia.
                    I think Costa Rica would make a lovely resort, don't you?
                    So your point is that Baltics are not invaded due to US helping start a coup against democratically elected leader of Ukraine? or due to US taking out Gadaffi

If Russia ever decided to invade, Baltics would have to (and be able to as well) deal with Russia on their own, it would be with tremendous casualties, they would be flatter than Palymra after ISIS invasion, but eventually they would bankrupt Russians while everyone else just cuts the trade off, and watches the slaughter from pleasant distance, including the Finns and Polish, let alone the rest of EU or the US.

This war is very unilikely to happen, as Putin and Russia are not exactly suicide prone, nor are showing genocidal intentions, which is what would be required for military conquest of the Baltics in 21st century.

The "conquests" you are referring to all have Russian majorities, and one is a legitimately peaceful (Crimea) resolution of old USSR issues. Putin is no more threat to Europe than Erdogan, the rest is posturing.

Otherwise, I do agree that Trump is more isolationist than Clingon, and if it plays out the way he speaks, it is going to be a positive for the rest of the world.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Trump isn't an isolationist. He is a neo conservative. He will be a negative in the world. Not a positive. Stop distorting reality.

And Trump is an absolute disaster when it comes to domestic policy and that matters. His economic views would have massive damage to the US economy and the world.

Comment

And tell me why should I believe a man who changes his views more times than a wind changing direction? Trump isn't exactly believeable. And his domestic policy is repugnant too. He is doubling down on bull****.
                        that is an extremely unsatisfactory answer to my question.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post

Otherwise, I do agree that Trump is more isolationist than Clingon, and if it plays out the way he speaks, it is going to be a positive for the rest of the world.
                          yes, i think so too. if there's one thing the world needs, it's less US foreign policy.

Comment

that is an extremely unsatisfactory answer to my question.
                            I don't give a **** basically lol. You don't answer my questions. By the way, try to avoid loaded questions. I didn't realize we have so many Trump cheerleaders on here. Utterly devoid of facts.

Comment

Help an old man's memory. Did Obama do what he said he would do on the foreign policy side during his first election campaign?

While I agree that the Dumpster would probably be a disaster, thinking you know 100% what would happen seems a bit silly.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't give a **** basically lol.
                                yes, that's why no takes nor has ever taken you seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X