Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich mass shooting

No thread?

The shooter at a Munich mall last week who killed 9 and left 27 wounded was an admirer of far right wing Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik, and appears to have hated Muslims.

Although David Sonboly was of Iranian heritage, he does not seem to have been a Muslim and appears to have felt no connection to that community.

Iranians are mostly Shiite Muslims who are often victimized by ISIL, so it wasn’t ever very likely that his rampage was inspired by that organization.

Another week another mass murder.

Here we have a mentally disturbed German Iranian, with far right anti-muslim motives.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

BK wouldn't consider this a mass shooting since only 9 people were killed.
    To him, 10 people have to die for it to be considered a mass shooting.

On a more serious note... my heart goes out to the victims family's and friends.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The idiot nseems to have been inspired by ANders Breivik (it happened at the 5th anniversary of the Utoya massacre)
      and it seems like hehacked into the Facebook account of some good looking girl (also living in munich) and tried to lure all of her facebook friends into coming to the Mc Donalds restaurant where the shooting would take place.

To say something positive about him, however:
      He killed himself (after some residents discovered him on his roof ... and the connection between him and the shooting ... and insulted him)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

For BK (Burger King lol?), it is only a mass shooting if a Muslim does it.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

People died in Munich? Better use it to dump on Ben again!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Mr Heimberger also said that police had not found the manifesto of Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik when they searched Sonboly's room at his parents' flat.

A day earlier, officials had raised the possibility of a link to Breivik, whose own attack was carried out five years earlier to the day.

As to Sonboly's state of mind, a spokesman for the Munich prosecutors' office told the news conference that Sonboly had spent two months as an inpatient at a mental care facility in 2015 and was afterwards treated as an outpatient.

"The suspect had fears of contact with others'' and also depression, Thomas Steinkraus-Koch said.

However, there was no evidence of any political motivation.
            Blah

Comment

One of his victims was Greek but had a Muslim name– likely therefore to have been from Greece’s Albanian minority. That young man threw himself in the line of fire to protect his sister.
              Hero. His Memory Immortal.

He was from the muslim minority in northeastern Greece. His father migrated in germany 20 years ago.

The majority of the victims were teenagers

Comment

seems like a US-style mass shooting. one wonders how he was able to acquire a gun, especially as he wasn't known to the police nor had criminal connections.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

What do you mean by American style? As in, not connected to terrorism? Carried out by a lone individual?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    seems like a US-style mass shooting. one wonders how he was able to acquire a gun, especially as he wasn't known to the police nor had criminal connections.
                    There are 2 types of persons (aside from people being allowed to bear arms due to their job or certain circumstances) who could be the source for pistols ...
                    hunters, who are allowed to have one short barrel weapon (i.e. pistol) in order to give mortally wounded prey the coup de grace
                    and members of shooting clubs

Both are required to keep their guns in locked containerrs at home and during transport (and separate gun and ammo) ... but sometimes there are lazy bastards who neglect this duty (actually in one amok run, several years ago the father neglected this and therefore his son could get the guns and use them for his amok run)

So, if a family member of the shooter ws hunter or member of a shooting club, he might have been the source for his weapons.

But I guess, the police will find out soon where he got his guns from
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      What do you mean by American style? As in, not connected to terrorism? Carried out by a lone individual?
                      I would say so. Like Orlando.

Except in America it is easier to get guns then Somalia.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

While probably true, mass shootings (depending on your definition) are not particularly more likely in the US than elsewhere in the developed world.

That's of course very different than non-mass shootings (in which the US is definitely an outlier)
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

From BeBro's link

Bavarian officials said the gunman, still not officially named, appeared to have bought the illegal pistol used in the attack on the so called "dark net".

If shooters are organized, they will be able to acquire guns, no matter the degree of official control.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            yes. it reminded me of many school shootings.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Basically, the US has a higher number of smaller events, unrelated to Islamic terrorism. Europe has a lower number of larger events, of which a substantial number are Islamic terrorism.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X