Big Pharma's Deal With the Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Pharma's Deal With the Devil

Powerful painkillers are prescribed and used less in states with legal medical pot

The tanking numbers for painkiller prescriptions in medical marijuana states are likely to cause some concern among pharmaceutical companies. These companies have long been at the forefront of opposition to marijuana reform, funding research by anti-pot academics and funneling dollars to groups, such as the Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America, that oppose marijuana legalization.
    And the politicians take bribes from drug dealers to keep pot illegal

Where do Hillary and Trump stand on medical pot? I know which one has taken more money from big pharma...

I dont know who disgusts me more, these scumbags taking money to jail millions of people or the scumbags paying the bribes

The 2 parties suck and so do the "capitalists" buying them

What, you mean instead of spending half my day endlessly double-counting opiates I could be spending half my day endlessly double-counting little capsules of pot? I'd much prefer it if we sold recreational drugs for simple recreation instead of annoying healthcare professionals with "well NORML found this one study where three rats shrank their tumors and started walking on water!" Also, link gives 404.

The real horror of powerful prescription painkillers--of any type--is that people on a limited budget will almost invariably choose them over much more important medicines. You've got like ten bucks to spare, and the pharmacy has lisinopril for your heart, some prescription eye drops, and some Norco. Which will you buy? If you're like most people, you'll answer "Norco." That way when the heart attack hits you'll be too doped up and blind to get help. But at least the Norco is cheap!
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok: to someone who is in chronic pain those painkillers are the most important medication.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Well, going without all your other meds can make you stop feeling pain pretty quick. Assuming all of these people have real, legitimate pain and are not simply hooked on painkillers, which given the spectacular amount of dope we sell every day is assuming an awful lot. We also do a brisk trade in suboxone . . .
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
        X