Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    You cannot even write a complete sentence. You are anti-common sense and anti-intelligence.
    I do have anti-common sense. That's true.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      I do have anti-common sense. That's true.
      You have no common sense. You are like the idiot that eats a habanero pepper after being told not to.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        People destroy their own land all the time. Deforestation, tilling, strip mining, overgrazing ... whenever there is profit to be had off of destroying the land there's plenty of people willing to do it. (And then often enough, people do it unintentionally.)
        I may be pulling this out of my a$$ but I believe the Nature Conservancy is the largest private land owner among environmental charities. They cant match corporate bribes to politicians but they can buy land and they preserve it. What you said is not debatable, people do mess up the land. But the real damage is done by govt and corps given limited liability to poison the environment. If polluters had to pay for their actual damage there'd be fewer polluters. The link I posted had a study showing cattle raised on private lands were healthier and more productive than cattle from public lands. It also had a story of Amazonian Indians losing their lands to politicians and corporate interests. Strip minors dont own much land, they lease mining rights from govt. They strip mine and walk away...

Imagine if all the property in the USA became "public" property which must be handed over in one month and redistributed. How many people would get that needed oil change for the car?

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        You are exactly like Trump because you value free market trickle down economics over people. This is why you will never succeed. And a libertarian telling someone they don't know what they are talking about... How ironic. Your views are naive and allow people like Donald Trump to exist.
        Trump supports ethanol subsidies and the use of eminent domain to enrich business and he's running as the pro tariff, anti-free trade candidate

Private lands are always more polluted. Always. Private businesses cannot be trusted with the environment. Stop being so damn naive. You didn't even address my other countless other examples.
        Countless examples are too many to address

would you rather buy a used car from the original owner or a rental?

Comment

• Your arguments are incredibly naive. Private businesses have been responsible for some of the worst environmental catastrophes, and you are telling me I should just trust them?

This is why I will never fall for that libertarian propaganda. Corporatism in sheep's clothing.

Costa Rica took over huge parts of its country and set it for ecotourism only. Away from private hands that would turn the land into a big stupid expensive resort.

Private businesses don't give a crap about environment. Their bottom line is money and exploiting that land to an extreme.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• And you think taking government out of the equation will make things better... All a big lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              would you rather buy a used car from the original owner or a rental?
              I don't know how it is in the US, but here I would prefer the rental.

Edit: by rental I assume you mean leasing otherwise I'll run away
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                If polluters had to pay for their actual damage there'd be fewer polluters.
                This is why we need environmental regulations. We have to legally define what damage is and what the fines/penalties are (eg. laws, regulations) before we can enforce such fines/penalties.

Comment

• good luck with your regulations HILLARY

those EPA jobs will be the only ones LEFT if we do THAT

ZOMG
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Na, we'll have cleaner high tech jobs and others that don't pollute as much.

Comment

• dont make me throw you from a helicopter, criminal
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X