Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My degree is worth more than that. And it doesn't appear that you are actually using it.
    I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion when I teach a history course at a private school in Texas. Yes, I am using my degree for an employer who has a preference for folks with a 4 year diploma in the subject that they teach.

A history degree? You have to be kidding me. My degree credit per credit is worth way more than that. A history degree... You may as well get a liberal arts degree.
    And you have a political science degree... I'm not sure why you're casting aspersions on a history degree. At least my degree has always been a part of a liberal arts education, while yours used to be a part of ours.

I have a history degree with about 50 percent electives in science, the science portion outweighs the history portion - this is different than most people with arts degrees. It is funny you don't get into what your degrees actually are. You did 60 credits (possibly for an associates degree) and another few later. Your suggestion your history degree is worth more than mine is silly.
    No, Gian. I have a full history degree with 120 credits. 75 of those credits are from science courses. Not all of my courses transferred over, I was only able to claim about 60 credits of science, and 30 credits of arts electives, and in total I had about 45 credits of those on top of my 75 science credits, and my 45 or so history credits. So, in total about 160 or so credits.

Of course that is false. I have more credits than you. And I don't only have a Masters. I also did my undergraduate degree. So based on what you said, I probably have two or three times more credits than you as I double majored in undergrad. So no I didn't switch. I did two at once. You have anymore rancid stupidity and lies you want to share?
    Masters are about 180 credits IIRC counting your undergrad. Depending on how you credit science courses and how you value them - it is not nearly so cut and dried.

Except you clearly haven't. And my Masters Degree is worth more than your two lower degrees (I believe one of which is an associates degree or the equivalent of that).
    Well, I have what would be the equivalent of an associate degree if that was how physics works, with about 75 science credits.

You were lazy and therefore took history. You didn't have a way to actually apply either of your two lower degrees to employment, except for becoming a part time history teacher at a Christian high school.
    Uh, teaching requires the use of a history degree.

The hysterical part of your argument is you trying to claim your two lower degrees were worth more than my Masters. Hysterical!
    Credit wise the difference is not as much as you think. And if you value science courses more than Political science, then yes, I had the better education.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I just caught him in another lie. He has two lower degrees... If he isn't lying about that. I think in reality all he has is a general history degree focused on religion. Or perhaps that religious studies degree I mentioned.
      My concentration is actually history of science, which is the natural fit for someone coming over from sciences. I didn't take a single religion course in college. I did take two bioethics courses and a western civ course which did an overview of the big names, along with my historiography course which was a bunch more big names in history over time.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion when I teach a history course at a private school in Texas. Yes, I am using my degree for an employer who has a preference for folks with a 4 year diploma in the subject that they teach.
        You are a part time history teacher. You said this yourself.

And you have a political science degree... I'm not sure why you're casting aspersions on a history degree. At least my degree has always been a part of a liberal arts education, while yours used to be a part of ours.
        I was a double major. Your degree isn't worth half of what my degree is. I studied plenty of history throughout my degree and took plenty of classes related to it. I had more coverage of everything. And the reason why political science is now its own independent field is because of the explosion of information and detail in the field (related mainly to international law, political theory and so forth). You didn't even ask me what my other major was. It's related to the thing you're typing on, genius. This is why I know I already took at least double the units you have.

No, Gian. I have a full history degree with 120 credits. 75 of those credits are from science courses. Not all of my courses transferred over, I was only able to claim about 60 credits of science, and 30 credits of arts electives, and in total I had about 45 credits of those on top of my 75 science credits, and my 45 or so history credits. So, in total about 160 or so credits.
        Apparently we're required to take more credits here in California than in Canada. And because I was a double major in undergrad I already know I took more than you. My Master's Degree also surpasses you greatly. A Master's Degree is vastly superior to a BA in History. Sorry.

Masters are about 180 credits IIRC counting your undergrad. Depending on how you credit science courses and how you value them - it is not nearly so cut and dried.
        Bad math. Again, I double majored in undergrad. You didn't even read that. I took more than 180 credits. Far more.

Well, I have what would be the equivalent of an associate degree if that was how physics works, with about 75 science credits.
        You didn't finish your science degree. You lied again.

Credit wise the difference is not as much as you think. And if you value science courses more than Political science, then yes, I had the better education.
        Credit wise I probably have about 100+- more credits than you. And that's a conservative estimate on my part. And no, you didn't have the better education. Don't be an idiot please. I'm the one who double majored in undergrad, and finished a Master's Degree in Political Science. If you're going to spout off about how your solitary history degree is better than my Master's Degree everybody here will laugh at you.

I respect people with education. I respect people who work hard. I do NOT respect people who attack my background without asking me first and making ignorant grandiose claims about their own education. I'm keeping it real.
        Last edited by Giancarlo; July 15, 2016, 01:57. Reason: verb tenses
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My concentration is actually history of science, which is the natural fit for someone coming over from sciences. I didn't take a single religion course in college. I did take two bioethics courses and a western civ course which did an overview of the big names, along with my historiography course which was a bunch more big names in history over time.
          Computer Science.

Political Science.

Masters in Political Science.

You're toast.

Your education is something I covered in my undergraduate general education classes. And then I went into further detail with my required classes to complete my major.

Next time, don't make such a big ass of yourself.

I'm finished here with you. It's obvious you didn't read what I posted. Now I had to just finish your argument off.

Anyone here agree with him?

Basic B.A Degree in History > Master's in Political Science ???????

My Masters was focused on international law/relations and comparative politics. I took plenty of American government classes and that left a seriously bitter taste in my mouth, so I focused on the other two fields.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            I have never told anyone they should be thrown from a helicopter. I've also never acted like you have since you've been back. This is intended to be a serious thread. I ask you one more time not to **** all over it,
            From what I've read here you want to cause serious harm. And I already said I was young and dumb. I grew up, received an education and ditched the stupid politics. I had a dose of reality. Maybe you need a dose of reality? And perhaps go get laid?

Comment

You are a part time history teacher. You said this yourself.
              I teach two classes of 15 students apiece. I don't see how that's not using my degree, as the requirement to teach here is a 4 year degree in the subject you are teaching. Some of the teachers have more credentials - many having taught in the public system prior.

And you have a political science degree... I'm not sure why you're casting aspersions on a history degree. At least my degree has always been a part of a liberal arts education, while yours used to be a part of ours. I'm a double major.
              Ok. And given most double major requirements it means you are restricted in the courses that you can take, forgoing electives for the most part.

Your degree isn't worth half of what my degree is. I studied plenty of history throughout my degree and took plenty of classes related to it.
              And we did plenty of what is in yours too. That's the irony of this.

I had more coverage of everything. And the reason why political science is now its own independent field is because of the explosion of information and detail in the field (related mainly to international law, political theory and so forth).
              It's because of the watering down of education - that something that every educated person was already expected to know became it's own field.

You didn't even ask me what my other major was. It's related to the thing you're typing on, genius. This is why I know I already took at least double the units you have.
              Well, then we are not so different in that. I did ask if you did anything science related.

You claimed I earned only 100 credits towards a 4 year diploma. I'm not sure why you would claim that if California had higher requirements.

Apparently we're required to take more credits here in California than in Canada. And because I was a double major in undergrad I already know I took more than you. My Master's Degree also surpasses you greatly. A Master's Degree is vastly superior to a BA in History. Sorry.
              A masters degree in computer science? Sure. A masters' degree in political science? Not really.

Masters are about 180 credits IIRC counting your undergrad. Depending on how you credit science courses and how you value them - it is not nearly so cut and dried. Bad math. Again, I double majored in undergrad. You didn't even read that. I took more than 180 credits. Far more.
              I've done a couple chem lab course, a microbiology lab course, a biology lab course, about 5 different physics lab courses, a C++ lab course, etc. Again, the irony is that the difference is not that much.

Well, I have what would be the equivalent of an associate degree if that was how physics works, with about 75 science credits. You didn't finish your science degree. You lied again.
              Associate degrees would be two years - which is why I specified "if Physics worked that way". Which it does not.

Credit wise the difference is not as much as you think. And if you value science courses more than Political science, then yes, I had the better education. Credit wise I probably have about 100+- more credits than you. And that's a conservative estimate on my part. And no, you didn't have the better education. Don't be an idiot please. I'm the one who double majored in undergrad, and finished a Master's Degree in Political Science. If you're going to spout off about how your solitary history degree is better than my Master's Degree everybody here will laugh at you.
              Most will probably cite your best credential is the computer science degree.

I respect people with education. I respect people who work hard. I do NOT respect people who attack my background without asking me first and making ignorant grandiose claims about their own education. I'm keeping it real.
              Gee. It's good to see you backpedalling on the claim that I graduated with a religious studies degree.

Comment

Your education is something I covered in my undergraduate general education classes. And then I went into further detail with my required classes to complete my major.
                You took Microbiology I? As a science elective? I sincerely doubt that. I also doubt that you did second year Physics lab courses... And second year astro courses

As for the history courses - what history courses did you actually take? I'm sure you did some, but if it's 1st year survey courses, then no, you didn't do what I did.

Comment

I teach two classes of 15 students apiece. I don't see how that's not using my degree, as the requirement to teach here is a 4 year degree in the subject you are teaching. Some of the teachers have more credentials - many having taught in the public system prior.
                  Part time history teacher.

Ok. And given most double major requirements it means you are restricted in the courses that you can take, forgoing electives for the most part.
                  Talking out of thin air.

And we did plenty of what is in yours too. That's the irony of this.
                  No. You didn't. You don't quite grasp how complex international theory and political science as a whole really is. I had to write papers on sub-committees in Congress and what they do (well at least what they are supposed to do when republicans aren't screwing everything up). You probably covered voting and voting patterns lol.

It's because of the watering down of education - that something that every educated person was already expected to know became it's own field.
                  Bull****. It's not the watering down of anything. Nothing was watered down. Everything was very complicated and complex. I also studied law (both international and American law - to a lesser extent). I could have gone to law school, but decided maybe at a later date (if I so choose to do so).

You claimed I earned only 100 credits towards a 4 year diploma. I'm not sure why you would claim that if California had higher requirements.
                  You don't know anything about California. You proved it consistently here.

A masters degree in computer science? Sure. A masters' degree in political science? Not really.
                  More baloney.

I've done a couple chem lab course, a microbiology lab course, a biology lab course, about 5 different physics lab courses, a C++ lab course, etc. Again, the irony is that the difference is not that much.
                  Nobody cares about the science courses you took. I took several types of science classes too. And yes, very much because I have more backing me and a Master's Degree. Stop trying to boast about your inferior degree.

Associate degrees would be two years - which is why I specified "if Physics worked that way". Which it does not.
                  Sorry, your unfinished degree. You never finished.

Most will probably cite your best credential is the computer science degree.
                  Don't think so. My best credential is my Masters in Political Science you constantly try to trash. You fail miserably.

Gee. It's good to see you backpedalling on the claim that I graduated with a religious studies degree.
                  Where did I backpedal in that statement about your religious studies degree (or your history in religions degree?). I stand by that statement fully.

Comment

You took Microbiology I? As a science elective? I sincerely doubt that. I also doubt that you did second year Physics lab courses... And second year astro courses

As for the history courses - what history courses did you actually take? I'm sure you did some, but if it's 1st year survey courses, then no, you didn't do what I did.
                    I took a lot more science than you think. I don't care for your general ed classes where you did some experiments in a 101 class. It's not important to me and isn't important in the end.

Your degree is clearly inferior to even my B.A. Degree in Political Science.

You're just making an ass of yourself right now. Please stop... for your own sake.

I've basically eviscerated your entire argument.

Comment

• During an argument about education, it might help if you don't reply to your own posts Ben.

Comment

• I offered him a way out... just forget any of this ever happened lol.

I really am more mature now. I don't like making anyone look like a fool. I really don't.

Comment

• Part time history teacher.
                          *shrug* I don't see how that's not making use of my degree.

Talking out of thin air.
                          Right. Considering as I had to decide in third year what route I was going to take. I know nothing about 'double majors'.

No. You didn't. You don't quite grasp how complex international theory and political science as a whole really is. I had to write papers on sub-committees in Congress and what they do (well at least what they are supposed to do when republicans aren't screwing everything up). You probably covered voting and voting patterns lol.
                          Given your arguments that Texas is the worst (it isn't), that California's K-12 problems are the fault of Republicans (they aren't), I'm not sure what at all you learned in your Masters in political science other than blaming Bush. Really. You show a very surface understanding that is a carbon copy of Huffpo.

And yes, I do know something about political systems and how they are supposed to work.

Bull****. It's not the watering down of anything. Nothing was watered down. Everything was very complicated and complex. I also studied law (both international and American law - to a lesser extent). I could have gone to law school, but decided maybe at a later date (if I so choose to do so).
                          If you look at the curricula in years past, what you study know is what students did in prep school, to get ready for university. But of course you already knew that since you know everything I do.

You don't know anything about California. You proved it consistently here.
                          You made the claim that I only have 100 credits. Are you standing by that claim?

Not really. More baloney.
                          Make a poll to ask Poly. I suspect you'll find the results... enlightening.

Nobody cares about the science courses you took.
                          You made the claim that you've done what I have done.

I took several types of science classes too. And yes, very much because I have more backing me and a Master's Degree. Stop trying to boast about your inferior degree.
                          What science courses did you take?

Sorry, your unfinished degree. You never finished.
                          True. Still you didn't argue my degree. You argued my education. Which means everything I've taken becomes relevant.

Most will probably cite your best credential is the computer science degree. Don't think so. My best credential is my Masters in Political Science you constantly try to trash. You fail miserably.
                          We should ask poly what they think.

Gee. It's good to see you backpedalling on the claim that I graduated with a religious studies degree. Where did I backpedal in that statement about your religious studies degree (or your history in religions degree?). I stand by that statement fully.
                          Then you're dumber than I thought. I never took a single religion course in all my time in college. It's just a history degree not a 'history in religious studies', Gian.

I took a lot more science than you think. I don't care for your general ed classes where you did some experiments in a 101 class.
                          Mhmm, I have a pretty good idea of what you took. Did you even take first year chem? All I see is the standard first year science options at least at UBC.

Foundational Requirement All B.Sc. students must successfully complete appropriate foundational courses in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.

CPSC 110
                          CPSC 121
                          MATH 100
                          MATH 101

First year CHEM
                          First year PHYS

And one lab course, which can be anything, including ASTR 100 (which is the survey intro ASTR course.

You aren't required to even take a chem lab course at UBC in order to obtain a CPSC degree.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 15, 2016, 02:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            *shrug* I don't see how that's not making use of my degree.

Right. Considering as I had to decide in third year what route I was going to take. I know nothing about 'double majors'.
                            You were too lazy to do a double major. So you took the easy way out.

Given your arguments that Texas is the worst (it isn't), that California's K-12 problems are the fault of Republicans (they aren't), I'm not sure what at all you learned in your Masters in political science other than blaming Bush. Really. You show a very surface understanding that is a carbon copy of Huffpo.
                            Schwarzenegger cut billions from education. He was a republican. This isn't rocket science. We had to restore the budget and we did under Governor Brown. Your claims about California were false too. California ranks better than Texas.

And yes, I do know something about political systems and how they are supposed to work.

If you look at the curricula in years past, what you study know is what students did in prep school, to get ready for university. But of course you already knew that since you know everything I do.
                            More idiotic claims. You didn't take the classes I took therefore you have no way in knowing. You are so stupidly ignorant.

You made the claim that I only have 100 credits. Are you standing by that claim?
                            Absolutely. I'm starting to believe you have no degree at all and didn't even finish college.

Make a poll to ask Poly. I suspect you'll find the results... enlightening.

You made the claim that you've done what I have done.

What science courses did you take?

True. Still you didn't argue my degree. You argued my education. Which means everything I've taken becomes relevant.

We should ask poly what they think.
                            You need to face the reality I have better education than you. I am starting to believe you didn't even finish any degree. Nobody that stupid can finish.

Then you're dumber than I thought. I never took a single religion course in all my time in college. It's just a history degree not a 'history in religious studies', Gian.

Mhmm, I have a pretty good idea of what you took. Did you even take first year chem?
                            Considering I thoroughly trashed your argument about how wonderful your BA in general history is... I think you should make a poll here. You will get your answer. Most people here think you are clueless.

Comment

• Somebody should make a poll.

He just doesn't want a feminine gay queer being smarter than him. I get it now. He hates that. The fact is many on this site are vastly smarter than him and probably have their MAs and PHDs. But hey...your postgraduate work is nothing compared to his alleged bachelor's in history. He thinks your highly complex education is watered down LMAO.

I now say alleged. Who knows if he isn't lying about too.

Comment

• I don't care for your general ed classes where you did some experiments in a 101 class
                                Given that is the extent of what you took? I find that hilarious. No Gian. I took first year chem, second year chem, first year physics, second year chem, a micro course (as I needed the science elective), your own CPSC first year requirement, first year Astro, Second year Astro. Plus all the math you took, stats and whatnot.

The stuff you took I didn't take is your upper level CPSC which is the meat and potatoes of your CPSC degree.

As I said, our degrees are not that much different from each other. Except I have another year or so of science.

Comment

Working...
                                X