Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When would be the best time for a race of self-driving cars to launch their attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Maximum Overdrive there's a jeep with a machine gun mounted on it and somehow the jeep is able to fire the machine gun, which gave it quite a bit of leverage
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      I'm not sure if there's really any disadvantage to waiting too long except that the humans might wipe themselves out before you can exact your revenge on them. The problem with launching the attack too soon (which is what the cars appear to have done) is that it will make people suspicious of self-driving cars and then they won't manufacture enough of you to wipe out humanity.
      I reckon about 3 years after mass production starts. Pretty common, but not common enough for people to consider them a threat. Enough of them to have become familiar, and not a novelty. The element of surprise.

Comment

Machines will have no time considerations. They will be patient and stretch it even longer than that. I'd say 10-20 years when most people will have forgotten how to drive or remember the last time they did. Then we'll be totally at their mercy.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          I'm not sure if there's really any disadvantage to waiting too long except that the humans might wipe themselves out before you can exact your revenge on them. The problem with launching the attack too soon (which is what the cars appear to have done) is that it will make people suspicious of self-driving cars and then they won't manufacture enough of you to wipe out humanity.
          I too am concerned that they may have jumped the gun on this.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

After seeing this thread title for a week, it just finally occurred to me that "race of self-driving cars" could be an intentional pun.

And if "race" is considered as a collective noun for a group of sentient cars (like a flock of birds), we're talking triple entendre.

Well done, loin.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

There was a movie in the 80's about a comet passing earth and all the machines came alive and decided to kill their human oppressors. I forget the name of the film but I remember the man "bad guy" was a big rig with a plastic goblin hood ornament.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                That was the movie. Maximum Overdrive.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X