No charges for Shillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No charges for Shillary

While I wasn't surprised that they recommended no charges, I was mildly amused that they couldn't resist poking the bear a bit.
    To start the press conference with, no one else knows what I'm about to say. You have to wonder just how much pressure they were under.

While I'm not a fan of hers, even I doubt I would have recommended charges. Others have done similar and not been charged but I do predict that now this is more well known, that eventually someone will be for doing something similar.

But regardless, more irresponsible behavior by someone that should have known better. I can see the attack ads now. I guess it's better than them recommending charges. But her lack of trustworthiness just won't go away.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I really have a hard time getting upset over careless use of e-mail. It would actually work better as a scandal if it were something perfectly legal but morally significant like not tipping the waiter after taking her whole campaign staff out for dinner. I'm not sure how it could be any lamer, really. Maybe if she failed to fill out some election paperwork properly, or sent it to the wrong people or something?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Comey's assessment of Hillary was not a kind one. He just didn't think she did anything criminal.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

NO ****!
        Comey's comments were brutal and will appear in GOP ads... assuming Trump ever runs any.

And yeah, I'm not surprised that no charges were filed. But the whole process does appear sleazy... like many things the Clinton's have done.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Who needs ads when you've got Twitter...
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

She told people to send her classified information on her unsecure server. It's not at all the case of her being a very stupid person. This is about her being above the law and other people being very stupid.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

As much as I'd agree that it's technically illegal there isn't precedent for bringing charges. Previous people have done similar (not to this degree) and have not been charged. It did seem like he REALLY REALLY wanted to recommend them though.

I wonder who was leaning on him. The whole press conference seemed to be given under duress.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

can someone explain to me the differences between this and the Praetorious scandal? They both look the same from where I'm sitting.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Good timing, on the same day as Chilcot report.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I love this part:

She did not delete emails in an effort to conceal them

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I really have a hard time getting upset over careless use of e-mail. It would actually work better as a scandal if it were something perfectly legal but morally significant like not tipping the waiter after taking her whole campaign staff out for dinner. I'm not sure how it could be any lamer, really. Maybe if she failed to fill out some election paperwork properly, or sent it to the wrong people or something?
                      It upsets people who already disliked Clinton because she's a Democrat.

Comment

The criminality or not of what she did is largely irrelevant to me. I know that if I used my personal e-mail account for anything work related and of a confidential nature, I would most likely be sacked. I know people who have been sacked for e-mail misuse. I would only be prosecuted if it was truly egregious.

There is probably some come-back to that comment, but I'm taking the short view here.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If she'd come out and said 'ok my bad, we screwed up and will ensure we do much better next time', then I would have a lot more repsect for her. Instead right up until this week her and her aides have been pulling the 'security review' bull**** and telling lies about whether classified information was sent. She just cannot stop lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            The criminality or not of what she did is largely irrelevant to me. I know that if I used my personal e-mail account for anything work related and of a confidential nature, I would most likely be sacked. I know people who have been sacked for e-mail misuse. I would only be prosecuted if it was truly egregious.

There is probably some come-back to that comment, but I'm taking the short view here.
                            Well, she doesn't have that job anymore.

Comment

Yeah, but if I was going to get sacked for it, I wouldn't expect my next job to be replacing my old boss.

Her balls out lying is what I find most disturbing. It's so typical Clinton. And why people are tired of them.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X