No announcement yet.

Has time passed me by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no issue with Cruz supporters and I would have voted for Cruz if he got the nomination. I have an issue with the cultists who thought he was some sort of prophet from God.

Comment

A very good example of what I was talking about in the other thread.

Comment

I have an issue with the cultists who thought he was some sort of prophet from God.
        Yeah, no. Not my thing. He wasn't my first choice.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hi EyesOfNight.

Democrats only need to win 36% of the white vote to against generic Republican and against Trump I'd guess they'll need only 30%. He even just polled @ 1% for the black vote. Even Walter Mondale got 34% of the white vote. The main problem for you is that this should have happened in the 90's but the dot-com bubble, winning the cold war and Clinton being willing to punt covered it up. Then GWB (letting Obama cruise through too) happened. Rah thinks that republicans should and will build bridges to minorities but he's wrong. The race button is far too easy to push both ways. I remember before the left started pushing the button Latinos actually voted 40% for republicans but now they are all democrats (75%?). So you guys are stuck getting pwned, getting fed groups kicked out of their tent (starting with the blue dogs and unions are next up) and being able to dump millstones like abortion while turning out your groups because the democrats are much worse (ie transgender) until minorities grow too powerful for them to control. The only reason Trump even has a snowball's chance in hell is because he's up against Hillary Clinton. Main source: http://www.redstate.com/diary/6755mm...e-vote-win-16/

It's pretty obvious that no-one cared about Civ5 mp at launch. You can only do so much with the AI so you are seeing are casual games being played online--not competitive. They are even 6-way FFA with diplo to mimic SP games (I suspect this is the reason why they removed tech-trading--a rubberband you dislike--so you could play MP and SP without them being different games). No-one ever played this game seriously ever--the best example why is that you can get handed 500 gold randomly and there's no way to remove that. This is just way too much and everyone quit. The launch was terrible but crap like that made it into a ghost town within two months.

There's limits on how hard Firaxis can push: Beyond Earth. People who like Civ5 called that game trash and attacked Firaxis. Civ5 in space wasn't good enough. I suspect that Civ6 will be better than 5 because of this but not anything worth you taking seriously. It won't be broken at launch and will not have flagrant BS like 500 gold but it will still be casual.
          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

...It probably will be sorta broken at launch - the indications they've tried to bury in the marketing are that the beta isn't where it should be at this point - on the plus side, the indications are also that it's a better design than 6, so will be patchable to good...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Well, I don't know how you combat the whole minority and victim thing. If you speak out against it you are automatically a racist. Democrats control all the inner cities to the point it's almost pointless for a Republican to even run...and look how wonderful those places are. Yet blacks are pretty much a pocket vote no matter how bad things get. I don't really know what you do against that. We live in an age where you can buy votes easily just by promising people handouts and programs. Hispanics are the next victim group to get their special status and anyone who goes against it is going to get called a racist. It's hilarious to me too because a large percentage of Hispanics are white, yet they have somehow been elevated to being their own race for the purposes of government programs and special vote buying privileges.

As far as civ goes, I gave up on civ after 4. There was just nothing interesting in that game after they simplified the game down to nothing. Civ 5 has just taken it further and I suspect 6 will go even further in that regard. MP has always been an after thought and I don't doubt 6 will be the same, assuming it even launches with MP. Simple games for simple people as the populace gets dumbed down.

Comment

Hi eyes...

I have to agree with you on Civ V. And while I'm not optimistic that VI will be any better, I can still hope.
                Civ has never really been developed for MP. It's always been a SP game first with MP being an after thought.
                You would think with the market demands for MP games, that they would take a hint. But no, I don't expect to see them look to MP players as a core market.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They seem to still have this mentality that more people will buy the game if they make it simpler and streamline it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world seems to have moved on from that mindset. There are very few successful games that don't have MP, and those tend to be giant open world type games like Skyrim. Those games also clearly have a much larger budget. I will never understand how people can enjoy playing a strategy game against an AI that is so easily beaten.

Comment

Some people really suck at strategy games but still like the concept of building a civilization. Also, games in general are easier than they used to be. Developers assume players will get bored quickly and not be willing to put in the effort to beat a difficult game.

Comment

Dark souls is incredibly popular and it's also a very unforgiving game. Basically Sid Meier treats his player base like they're idiots and tries to pass off removing things from the game as innovation. The real genius behind the Civ franchise was not Sid Meier.

Comment

Brian, then?
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                          Dark souls is incredibly popular and it's also a very unforgiving game. Basically Sid Meier treats his player base like they're idiots and tries to pass off removing things from the game as innovation. The real genius behind the Civ franchise was not Sid Meier.
                          Great, you named one difficult game that's popular.

Comment

MOBAs are where the competitive PvP is at these days.

Sid had next to nothing to do with III, IV, V, and likely VI. I'm not sure how much he had to do with II even. His name is on the box, but he's hasn't been designing the games for a long, long time now.

SP is not about competing with the AI. Competition in SP is about how fast you win, or how high the score. Other players enjoy just building a civilization and having an alternate history. Others enjoy modding and playing mods.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              Great, you named one difficult game that's popular.
                              Just about anything from Paradox.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                                I don't have anything against evangelical Christians, but if you are one of those Glenn Beck followers then I consider you to be in the same "useful idiot" class as groups like Black Lives Matter and the like.
                                Idiot - yes
                                Useful - no
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X