No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Well then, the enumerated right to life prevails.

but producing and consuming pastries is freedom of association?
    Last I checked sugar wasn't a controlled substance.

gays just want to buy cakes
    Then why sue the Christian Bakery? They aren't the only game in town.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Well then, the enumerated right to life prevails.
      the constitution doesn't mention the unborn as a protected class

Last I checked sugar wasn't a controlled substance.
      somebody wants a control on it...you oppose that control by arguing freedom of association - you dont believe in that freedom when it comes to products you want to control

Then why sue the Christian Bakery? They aren't the only game in town.
      cuz they wouldn't sell them a cake

Comment

Yes or no, rah. Is it bigotry for a rainbow bakery to decline service to a Catholic wedding?
        You document a case where it happened and then I'll answer.

Of course, you can guess my answer.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You document a case where it happened and then I'll answer.
          Yes or no, Rah?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm not sure I'd call that bigotry, the word denotes an "unfair" intolerance of a religion...and Catholicism has earned intolerance from its many victims

Comment

the constitution doesn't mention the unborn as a protected class
              The constitution didn't state that women were persons at one point. Did that make it ok to kill women?

Comment

I'm not sure I'd call that bigotry, the word denotes an "unfair" intolerance of a religion...and Catholicism has earned intolerance from its many victims
                Then neither is it bigotry for a Catholic to refuse to bake a cake for a homosexual marriage.

Comment

Yes or no, Rah?
                  Still waiting for you to present a documented case where it happened.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Still waiting for you to present a documented case where it happened.
                    Berz answered the question.

Comment

The constitution didn't state that women were persons at one point. Did that make it ok to kill women?
                      Really... where did the Constitution say women weren't people?

Then neither is it bigotry for a Catholic to refuse to bake a cake for a homosexual marriage.
                      Why is the baker's intolerance "fair"?

Catholics spent centuries persecuting gays... If gays had been doing that to Catholics I'd understand why a Catholic might not feel so good about baking a cake for a gay wedding.

Comment

It would be unfair to those specific Catholics if those Catholic individuals in question had nothing to do with the injustices against homosexuals. If it was Ben though, it would be perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Yet again, Ben disagrees with the head of his church... because in Benland, only he can dictate what being a good Catholic should be.
                          Just like in Benland, where he knows more about the law than the Supreme Court...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            It would be unfair to those specific Catholics if those Catholic individuals in question had nothing to do with the injustices against homosexuals. If it was Ben though, it would be perfectly reasonable.
                            They joined the Church responsible for that persecution. If a gay baker refused to associate with them I'd understand why, their intolerance is "fair". What's fair about the Catholic's intolerance of gays?

Comment

Not everyone in the Catholic church has joined it (outside of being born into it), and being homophobic is not a requirement of being Catholic. Thus simply being Catholic isn't enough to condemn someone of being homophobic or having supported intolerance of homosexuals.

Most of the people here in the Philippines are Catholic, and I've yet to run into a single person who was homophobic. I'm sure there are some, but the society here is rather liberal in that regard.

It's like blaming Berz for for the drug war ... because Berz is American and America is carrying out the drug war.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                It's like blaming Berz for for the drug war ... because Berz is American and America is carrying out the drug war.
                                Well that does have some merit. Presumably, Berz voluntarily pays taxes he knows will fund the drug war despite his disapproval.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X