No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally, you'd wonder why the pope has to even state things that are so obvious to act like a christian.
    Are you arguing that I have no constitutional right to decline writing work that promotes homosexual marriage? The First amendment is strongly in my favor.

Then Ben comes along and reminds you just why it's necessary.
    Yes, freedom of association is an important fundamental freedom.

Yes Ben, you're entitled to be a bigot and a hater. It's also everyone else's right to call you an asshat for it.
    Absolutely. But that doesn't give the state the right to fine me 100k for refusing to comply.

But then, we all know you're used to it.
    The constitution is a lonely road, the only ones who walk with you are those who have gone by and those who are yet to come.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, always doubling down on being a douche bag. No one is surprised.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ben, always doubling down on being a douche bag. No one is surprised.
        Thank God the constitution protects douchebags.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Yes, you're fortunate there.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"Sure, the leader of my church says I shouldn't be a bigoted douchebag, but a weaselly interpretation of the laws of the country I currently reside in says I'm allowed to be."
            Each of the two sexes is an image of the power and tenderness of God, with equal dignity though in a different way. The union of man and woman in marriage is a way of imitating in the flesh the Creator's generosity and fecundity: "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

Comment

Ben, no one is asking the catholic church to marry gay people. The head of your religion is just asking you not to be such a douche over the private lives of others outside your church.

I find it Hilarious that you used the church to justify you bigotry before but now that the Pope is telling you not to, you fall back on, "well the constitution still gives the that right".
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ben, no one is asking the catholic church to marry gay people. The head of your religion is just asking you not to be such a douche over the private lives of others outside your church.
                Private lives? Then why are bakeries being compelled to provide service contrary to their conscience?

It's no longer private if you've gone into the business to demand service.

I find it Hilarious that you used the church to justify you bigotry before but now that the Pope is telling you not to, you fall back on, "well the constitution still gives the that right".
                Why do you find it hilarious? I believe that the Constitution, and that includes the right to freedom of association comes from Natural Law. I find it amusing that an American is arguing against his own constitutional rights to freedom of association and that I ought to be able to compel him to do business with me.

I think that a Catholic bakery ought to be able to *be* a Catholic bakery and make money in accordance to their conscience. I also believe that a rainbow bakery should be able to decline any Catholic wedding.

See, rah, I believe in freedom, not tyranny.

Comment

No, you believe in bigotry and try to disguise it as patriotism. Even after the Pope tells you not to judge.

I see what you are quite clearly.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, you believe in bigotry and try to disguise it as patriotism. Even after the Pope tells you not to judge.
                    Is it bigotry for a rainbow bakery to decline to do a Catholic wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      It's no longer private if you've gone into the business to demand service.
                      its no longer private if you've offered service to the public

I believe that the Constitution, and that includes the right to freedom of association comes from Natural Law. See, rah, I believe in freedom, not tyranny.
                      But you dont believe in the freedom of association, you support the criminalization of our associations with people who sell us drugs you dont like

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Is it bigotry for a rainbow bakery to decline to do a Catholic wedding?
                        Do you have any proof that this has happened?

What do you think the Pope was apologizing for?
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Perhaps since SCOTUS said that TX does not have the right to put additional roadblocks to abortion providers, Ben will fall back to what the Pope says.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Even if Ben asked for forgiveness, he probably wouldn't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              If they are Catholic, they should listen to their POPE and just treat gays as normal people and NOT discriminate against them.

And as the law as shown, the first amendment doesn't apply in these cases. The courts have so ruled, so cram it.
                              It could be that he meant actual discrimination, such as not hiring gays, but who knows. I do know this, people love to imagine what this pope thinks.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah, people will read much more into what he says than he actually does. But at least he's making an effort. He must be doing something right because Ben doesn't particularly like him.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X