X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA

har

I bought some seeds.

Also a nice little shovel, organic soil and some other vegetables.

Now when should I plant them?

I don't know

And here it doesn't say

Satisfaction Guaranteed Since 1876. Shop The Online Burpee© Selection Today. Grow Confidently Knowing Burpee's Team Of Horticulture Experts Is With You Every Step. Digital Catalog Available. Most Trusted Supplier. Environmentally Friendly. Non-GMO

Also, will they grow above or below the soil?

ah much better
    Πως Καλλιεργώ πιπεριές. Οδηγίες και συμβουλές για καλλιέργεια πιπεριάς. Είναι εύκολο να καλλιεργήσετε τις δικές σας πιπεριές. Γλυκές και καυτερές.

Comment

plant: april or june
      depth of plantation 0,5 to 1 cm

lots of sun

30 to 50 cm apart from each seed
      not on a windy place

ah! also all peppers that we eat green are immature. all mature peppers will be red
      when red the chilli peppers have vitamic A 10 times as much as sweet ones and double the vitamin C
      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; June 21, 2016, 10:58.

Comment

So, what peppers?

I am currently cultivating a Bhut jolokia plant
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You *bought* soil?

Are you growing indoors, or is your soil that bad?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It says it's the green long hot so I imagine it's green chillie ones

Comment

according to the website, capsaicin ( that's greek for burn) is a substance found in chillie peppers. it activates the same neurotransmitters as pain, so the body tries to expel it and at the same time releases endorphines which make people like chille peppers

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                according to the website, capsaicin ( that's greek for burn) is a substance found in chillie peppers. it activates the same neurotransmitters as pain, so the body tries to expel it and at the same time releases endorphines which make people like chille peppers
                Absolutely true ... after the burning from the hotness you get a warm fuzzy feeling in your body.
                But beware ... Chilies always burn twice ... once when they enter your body and a second time, when they leave it
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I've heard that but never experienced the second exit burn (all the better)
                  that incldues when going with the so at an indian place and casually swallowing whole an unbelievably hot chillie pepper that made me stare abstently in space, stunned and mute and the SO frantically ordering shrimp chips, water, bread etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    I've heard that but never experienced the second exit burn (all the better)
                    that incldues when going with the so at an indian place and casually swallowing whole an unbelievably hot chillie pepper that made me stare abstently in space, stunned and mute and the SO frantically ordering shrimp chips, water, bread etc
                    I know that fereling as well ...
                    we have some indian restaurants here where you can select the level of hotness ...
                    from not hot to indian hot.

The first time I ate there, I was crazy enough to select indian hotness.
                    That was the hottest thing I have eaten ever (despite me being used to rather hot dishes) ... and I had to eat it slowly, with help of lots of coke.
                    (actually now I know that I should better have ordered something milk based to drink ... fat molecules (like suspended in milk) neutralize the capsaicin. Whereas normal water based drinks (like soft drinks) just distribute the capsaicin within your whole mouth ... making it worse)

Comment

Whole milk before eating something hot is the way to go. It coats the mouth and thus slows down the oils which contain the spiciness.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Seiously though, I've never had to buy soil for an outdoor garden.

Comment

If you're going to try to avoid being affected by the spice, why eat spicy food?

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              If you're going to try to avoid being affected by the spice, why eat spicy food?
                              Good point.

It's just used when the hotness gets too much. Bread does the trick too

Comment

Working...
                              X