40oC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You hear 40oC and you go wow...

But it's not so bad. Actually it IS bad but slghtly less than you imagine if you live in a humid climate.
    The "that bad" translates to "that good" the closer to the beach you are

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Man, does anyone else think it's getting really hot in here all of a sudden?
      Well, put some pants on.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        I opened the AC a bit because it was really too hot to bare.
        I guess it depends on what you're baring.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
          Well, put some pants on.
          It would work better if he took the pants off.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Going to reach 32C here today and our work aircon is playing up.

Comment

Probably getting 30+ tomorrow and friday
              Blah

Comment

It got to 11oC here today.

Comment

ricketyclick is upside down

Comment

The thing with having consistently 40oC for 4 days now is the car.
                    When indoors it's pleasantly cool.
                    When you go outside the sun assaults you.
                    And then you get in the car which is burning.
                    As soon as you enter you have to:

leave the driver's door wide open while you start it up
                    lower all windows

lick your palms before you touch the wheel because it's burning (assuming you consistenly forget to lower from the attic the silver panel thingie to put it inside of the windshield

An added bonus is that the extreme heat has a sauna effect so you're starting to feel very relaxed (not necessairily good when you're driving)

You also appreciate tree arched streets with thick shadows while in the car

Comment

Do you have this silver thing you put on the windows to keep the car cooler? Or AC in your car?
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                        The thing with having consistently 40oC for 4 days now is the car.
                        When indoors it's pleasantly cool.
                        When you go outside the sun assaults you.
                        And then you get in the car which is burning.
                        As soon as you enter you have to:

leave the driver's door wide open while you start it up
                        lower all windows

lick your palms before you touch the wheel because it's burning (assuming you consistenly forget to lower from the attic the silver panel thingie to put it inside of the windshield

An added bonus is that the extreme heat has a sauna effect so you're starting to feel very relaxed (not necessairily good when you're driving)

You also appreciate tree arched streets with thick shadows while in the car
                        This is an alternative:
                        Manage your Garmin Explore or inReach account. With Explore and inReach, you can communicate, map, track, and share your trek from anywhere on Earth.

Although now back in Athens and it's scorching. It's not add humid as home though, so it's a bit more survivable.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I guess this heat must be coming over soon, as it is not even 30 here yet, very cold June so far.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            Do you have this silver thing you put on the windows to keep the car cooler? Or AC in your car?
                            That's what I said I was always forgetting to get down from the attic.

Now I remembered but tomorrow will be 34oC so the heatwave is over

AC needs freon (the liquid thing) as I have painfully noticed

Comment

I wouldn't mind to swap your 34-40 degrees with my 25 and insane high humidity
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

dp
                                Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 23, 2016, 17:26.
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X