No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lord would not look kindly about you bragging about your generosity.

But again, you broke your word. Self admitted.

I am proud that I refused to accept it.

The only thing I regret is not saying anything about it to you at first in an attempt not to hurt your feelings.
    I should have said right away that I had no intention of accepting any gift from such a big of a douche.

I'm sure Hitler petted a dog once. (and then bragged about it)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You're free to believe that rah, but in the dark, we both know how I've treated you and how you've treated me.

rah? What on Earth were you doing to Ben in the dark, and vice versa?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• That's YOUR definition of marriage, as well as a minority of people in the US. And the US government disagrees with you as well.
        Up until last year that was THE definition of marriage in the US. Marriage didn't change in a year, ming. People, perhaps, but not marriage.

And how is homosexual marriage different than a couple who can't have children? You always ignore that one.
        I always answer it the same way. Marriage is defined as the union of husband and wife. Not the love of husband and wife, the union, man and woman coming together. This is the difference in conjugality.

The legal code in the US is very clear on this matter and treats them both the same.
        And a year ago it did not. Did marriage suddenly change? Nope.

Religious freedom... It's only immoral to people like you... again, the majority of people in the US consider it moral.
        Morality has nothing to do with majority, Ming.

So Homosexual marriages = Religious freedom
        Which explains why the baker is being fined 125k?

What's the last time a homosexual man was fined 125k? For anything?

Religious freedom isn't an absolute. No, it isn't. But yet again, religious freedom to you means only for your religion and what you believe in... Other religions disagree with you.
        Many consider your beliefs to be immoral.
        We see religious 'freedom' in a 125k fine. We see religious 'freedom', when people attempt to prevent those such fined from raising the money from the people who disagree with tyranny. Tyranny is not far. That the first impulse of those issuing the fine was to try to shut down public fundraising, makes it very clear. They will attempt to take everything from us. And then claim "you aren't hurting Christians."

It's of course, hardly a new thing for Catholics in America.

Again, are you claiming that all Muslims are responsible for 9-11, because if you are, than all Catholics are responsible for raping children.
        I claimed, simply, that Muslims are responsible for 9-11. They claimed to be conducting Jihad on America, in accordance with the teachings of Islam.

At least with homosexual adoption, a child gets two loving parents, unlike living without any.
        Then why are Catholic adoption agencies having to close, if the primary goal is placing children? Clearly the primary goal isn't the children, but the adults.

And the only reason why you consider it a bad social experiment is because of the ways gays are treated by bigots like you.
        No, the reason I consider it to be a bad social experiment, is because children are being used as pawns in a social experiment.

If gays were treated like normal human beings, it wouldn't be a social experiment. Unfortunately, bigots like you make it harder on the children.
        How is shutting down Catholic adoption agencies making it easier to place children?

So you should blame the bigots, not the institution.
        It's clear to me that the needs of the children are not being considered.

All children have a mother and father... That's simple biology.
        Why are we deliberately depriving children of a mother or a father if all of them have a mother and a father?

What's best is that a child grows up in loving home.
        Who determines that? Does that give social services the right to come into any home they deem as being insufficiently 'loving' and take the children?

You keep claiming you are for what's in the child's best interest yet are you really?
        I believe that children do best with their mother and their father.. together.

A child adopted by two loving parents (a gay couple) is better off in a loving home than being brought up in a loveless state institution. Also, two parents (a gay couple) is better than a single parent. The only negative with gay couples is the way bigots treat them. So people like you are the only real problem to gay adoption.
        You're once again arguing that some things that are not so good are less bad than other things that may or may not be worse. Yes, single motherhood is tough. Is it worse than having two mothers? We don't know.

One last time, it's the bigots in the world that are putting children last when they treat them differently because they have gay parents.
        They don't have them, they have a mother and a father. And everyone in this situation asks the question, "Where is my mother? Or Where is my father". What are we to tell them?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Lots of people here do like me, Kentonio. And that's the explanation for rah's question, "why am I still here?"
          OK, hands up if you like Ben?

Comment

Which explains why the baker is being fined 125k?
            They should clearly double it, as it doesn't seem to have had the desired effect of making bigots realize it's not acceptable to act like bigots.

Comment

• They should clearly double it, as it doesn't seem to have had the desired effect of making bigots realize it's not acceptable to act like bigots.
              Weren't you the guy who just claimed that 52 percent of the people of England wasn't a majority?

More people voted for #Brexit than for the Tories.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                You're free to believe that rah, but in the dark, we both know how I've treated you and how you've treated me.

rah? What on Earth were you doing to Ben in the dark, and vice versa?

Ben is one of those that thinks they can buy people's respect. I wasn't selling to the likes of him.
                He claims that makes him a better person. You be the judge.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Weren't you the guy who just claimed that 52 percent of the people of England wasn't a majority?

More people voted for #Brexit than for the Tories.
                  And?

Comment

• Ben is one of those that thinks they can buy people's respect. I wasn't selling to the likes of him.
                    He claims that makes him a better person. You be the judge.
                    Then why were three people involved, rah?

Comment

• #Brexit has more of a mandate than the Tories do.

Comment

#Brexit has more of a mandate than the Tories do.
                        And?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          And?
                          Ben likes mandates because they sound like they are a form of gay night.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            Ben likes mandates because they sound like they are a form of gay night.
                            Damn, I'm out of thanks.

Comment

Then why were three people involved, rah?
                              This is between you and me. What they did had no impact on my decision and doesn't change any of the facts.
                              You can raise any additional concerns with them. I have no part in that.
                              I declined your 'gift\bribe' (that is not in dispute)
                              you said you wouldn't mention it (that is not in dispute)
                              you have mentioned it multiple times in this thread and you've done it in other threads (this is not in dispute)
                              and again, when you brag about your generosity, the intent becomes questionable.
                              true generosity expects no reward or recognition. So stop trying to turn it into recognition.

It does not make you a better man. If so anyone could be better man by coughing up a few bucks.
                              I know that is considered acceptable in the Catholic church, but I don't.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This is between you and me. What they did had no impact on my decision and doesn't change any of the facts.
                                It was a joint decision. It wasn't my decision. There were three of us involved. You know that, I know that.

You can raise any additional concerns with them. I have no part in that.
                                I can't understand why you would accuse me of bribery given that all three of us did it together.

I declined your 'gift\bribe' (that is not in dispute)
                                It was *our* gift.

you have mentioned it multiple times in this thread and you've done it in other threads (this is not in dispute)
                                Indeed. Years after the fact after I got tired of you calling me a heartless douche.

true generosity expects no reward or recognition. So stop trying to turn it into recognition.
                                You refused the gift from all three of us. That does not give you the right to accuse me of bribery.

Comment

Working...
                                X