A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    Finally did watch the rest of season 6. Just saying.

In other news, a friend told me we might get two more seasons, but less than 10 episodes in each. Dunno if that's final.
    Aye, sounds like 8+7 Episodes are planned

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    Let's hope that Jon does better than the 1st King of the North. I for one would be careful with marriages, ehh
    Hmm ... Jon already did a very very bad job at the battle against Ramsey ...
    and all because Jon fell for Ramseys psychological warfare trap, like a little schoolboy ....
    without the last minute aid of the knights of the Vale, the Boltons would have won without too many losses.

I would rather trust young Lady Mormont to become a good ruler of the north, than Jon
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Well, after Bran comes back he should replace Jon as the figurehead while Jon remains the battlefield commander.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I never uderstood the face-changing thing of the Faceless Men and Arya. During earlier seasons I thought they're basically shapeshifters.

Then, after watching the later "house of black and white" stuff, I thought they basically recycle skin/faces from the death, possibly with some magic involved, as for example the Jaqen (-sp?) guy was able to change face several times in a row. Now Arya can change too, but isn't even part of the "Faceless" anymore? Or is she?

Is anyone a "faceless" who can change like this, or only those who officially belong to that house of B/W? Arya seems to be some kind of independant now. When she killed that old Frey chap, did she have to kill the other girl before to take her face, or can she now just change here appearance freely?
        Blah

Comment

• The totally non-canon explanation I've seen is that The House of Black and White has a database of faces that can be accessed via those who have the right permissions, and Arya basically hacked her way into the face database (via crafty social engineering).
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Sounds like some kind of Face....book?

Blah

Comment

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My totally irrelevant opinion about this season:

- not enough Bronn, Varys appearances
                - Osha character kinda wasted, Rickon death had not much of an emotional impact on me, since he was never developed as character
                - nice action/FX stuff, incl. HORSE IN DA FACE
                - personally I enjoyed the Hound and the brotherhood being back, I found esp. the "debate" on who gets to kill how many of those bad (former brotherhood) guys amusing
                Last edited by BeBMan; July 6, 2016, 14:42.
                Blah

Comment

• What got me in the last episode, is while there might be a slight chance that Jaime can recognize Arya, I don't think any of the other, including Walder Frey have ever met her, much less could recognize her. She could have came up to him without wearing that other girl's face, and the same series of events would have happened.

Comment

• But what fun is that
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                      What got me in the last episode, is while there might be a slight chance that Jaime can recognize Arya, I don't think any of the other, including Walder Frey have ever met her, much less could recognize her. She could have came up to him without wearing that other girl's face, and the same series of events would have happened.
                      My private little explanation is that she wanted Frey to know who killed him, but did not want to reveal herself to everyone else she met in the process of getting to and into the Twins, killing Frey, escaping etc. It's not supported by anything I saw in the show, but works for me
                      Blah

Comment

• I'm good with that.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's in line with what I think is going to happen next season. Arya is not going to have a family reunion, but continue being a revenge-assassin. No one will know who's doing it, and stories will spread that a ghost or demon or fate is out to kill the Stark enemies for their crimes.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I wonder if she gets to kill queen Cersei.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Either that or her dying by dragon fire works for me
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It would be fitting if Jaime had to kill Cersei because she proved to be even more "mad" than Aerys Targaryen.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X