Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I generally hate people who shot like defend child rapists
    What does this even mean?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Now I would like to ask you wwhy you are offended by me because I'm certain of what I believe and not offended by a person like that.
      You keep bouncing between firmly held beliefs without a shred of doubt (first you were a communist, now you're an anti-communist, and in both cases you appear to have zero doubt about the validity of your beliefs), and this results in you behaving like a douchebag. It's not so much that you believe X, it's that you believe in your own infallibility and you happen to be infallible about X at the moment. This isn't offensive, but it is pitiful since it appears that this has turned you into a thoroughly miserable person.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

On the subject of your infallibility, have you ever deferred to anybody on matters of faith? For example, are you able to hold a conversation with a minister and come out of the conversation knowing more than you did going into it, or do you find yourself rejecting the minister for saying anything the least bit contrary to what you believe? Because if it's the former then surely you realize that you don't have a monopoly on the truth and that your lack of doubt in your own infallibility is misplaced; if it's the latter then you're hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          You keep bouncing between firmly held beliefs without a shred of doubt (first you were a communist, now you're an anti-communist, and in both cases you appear to have zero doubt about the validity of your beliefs), and this results in you behaving like a douchebag. It's not so much that you believe X, it's that you believe in your own infallibility and you happen to be infallible about X at the moment. This isn't offensive, but it is pitiful since it appears that this has turned you into a thoroughly miserable person.
          I never had Faith in communism. Prove me a liar.

I never claimed to be infallible. I claim God is infallible. That is precisely why I don't doubt him. But you have faith in your doubt.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

On the subject of your infallibility, have you ever deferred to anybody on matters of faith? For example, are you able to hold a conversation with a minister and come out of the conversation knowing more than you did going into it, or do you find yourself rejecting the minister for saying anything the least bit contrary to what you believe? Because if it's the former then surely you realize that you don't have a monopoly on the truth and that your lack of doubt in your own infallibility is misplaced; if it's the latter then you're hopeless.
            I have no more faith in ministers than I do in Karl Marx. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              But you have faith in your doubt.
              Okay, I'm getting off the crazy train now

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                Back at you
                Ming is being mean to me again, you guise.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Okay, I'm getting off the crazy train now
                  Do you have proof that your doubt is good? Then you have faith.

Comment

Also, please give a reason for what you believe, or do you have blind faith. Did I miss something, or is elok the only one who tried to give a reasonable argument. His argument can be summed up as, "we should doubt our beliefs because they aren't true." K, if I believed that my beliefs were false of course I would doubt them. Actually I wouldn't believe them at all, and I wouldn't tell people that I did, unless I believed in lies.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                      Ming is being mean to me again, you guise.
                      I think you're gunna have to ban him

Comment

Working...
                      X