Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    This is actually a substantial drain on scarce resources - one of the most expensive public health costs.
    False.

In actuality, the state would not be gaining anything - but it would be spending tremendous amounts of money that could be put to better use.
    Again false.

I already posted an article describing the hundreds of millions generated for the state. You are lying once again. Lying liar back at his lying ways.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
      Read the ****ing article for once.
      He won't bother... he never let's facts get in the way with his arguments. He just makes crap up, lies, or ask that you answer some non relevant silly ass question in hopes of getting people to ignore or stupid he really is.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• All these private businesses supported same sex marriage and they see significant benefit to society.

I think I'll trust those who support same sex marriage over this shady tool who doesn't provide any sources for his argument.

He simply says "the state will not be gaining anything"... doesn't bother backing it up.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• All these private businesses supported same sex marriage and they see significant benefit to society.

I think I'll trust those who support same sex marriage over this shady tool who doesn't provide any sources for his argument.

He simply says "the state will not be gaining anything"... doesn't bother backing it up.
          Actually, I said that a concurrent 1 percent drop in the total marriage rate would negate any revenue gains for the state. Also - this is a one-time gain. I know the numbers for BC were anticipated to provide a significant boost - the total marriages the year that it was passed in BC actually went down.

The impact has been so small as to not even be measurable on the overall provincial economy, with the first year being the only one with any impact whatsoever.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, I said that a concurrent 1 percent drop in the total marriage rate would negate any revenue gains for the state. Also - this is a one-time gain. I know the numbers for BC were anticipated to provide a significant boost - the total marriages the year that it was passed in BC actually went down.

The impact has been so small as to not even be measurable on the overall provincial economy, with the first year being the only one with any impact whatsoever.
            You are absolutely wrong. There is no such thing happening and same sex marriage has a net gain for the state, a net positive. You're just a liar and you're making things up now. Nobody cares about BC.

I'm talking about high population, high density US states that have seen great revenue increases, including New York and California. And no, it's not a "one time gain". There will be other couples getting married in the future.

The fact that you even try to justify your idiocy and completely unsupported remarks doesn't surprise me.

Comment

• False.
              Fertility treatments are extremely expensive.

it would be spending tremendous amounts of money that could be put to better use. Again false.
              Spending 20k per child versus zero is not a net economic gain.

I already posted an article describing the hundreds of millions generated for the state. You are lying once again. Lying liar back at his lying ways.
              All they have done is asserted that the 11k or whatever on the marriages is a net gain to the state economy. The problem is that this is a one-time gain and two, massively outweighed by the overall marriage industry.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You are absolutely wrong. There is no such thing happening and same sex marriage has a net gain for the state, a net positive. You're just a liar and you're making things up now. Nobody cares about BC.
                BC has actual evidence as to the economic impact of homosexual marriage. The answer? Nada.

I'm talking about high population, high density US states that have seen great revenue increases, including New York and California. And no, it's not a "one time gain". There will be other couples getting married in the future.
                It's a one-time economic gain, given the experiences in BC. The majority of those married in BC were from outside the province. This is why it isn't a stable revenue source.

The fact that you even try to justify your idiocy and completely unsupported remarks doesn't surprise me.
                Been following this with interest for some time now Gian. Like yourself I was curious as to the actual statistics behind homosexual marriage.

Comment

Fertility treatments are extremely expensive.
                  False. Technology is lowering costs.

Spending 20k per child versus zero is not a net economic gain.
                  The state wouldn't be the ones spending on it for the most part. That would be down to the couples.

All they have done is asserted that the 11k or whatever on the marriages is a net gain to the state economy. The problem is that this is a one-time gain and two, massively outweighed by the overall marriage industry.
                  There have been a consistent flow of marriages. It isn't a one time gain. But you're a one time idiot.

Comment

• BK... still no response from you on how Catholic Bishops support teaching Catholics on how to avoid having children but still having sex?
                    What, did you brain explode when it proves just how wrong you are about your own religion?
                    Or how your own wack job views aren't from your religion as you claim, but only in your own head?
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

BC has actual evidence as to the economic impact of homosexual marriage. The answer? Nada.

It's a one-time economic gain, given the experiences in BC. The majority of those married in BC were from outside the province. This is why it isn't a stable revenue source.
                      NOBODY GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS ABOUT BC.

I was talking about New York, that has shown a consistent and well evidenced economic gain from same sex marriage.

You do realize gay couples are more numerous than you think and marriages are now happening at a consistent level? One time gain my ass.
                      Last edited by Giancarlo; August 1, 2016, 22:59. Reason: Even on BEN i will tone it down... can't stand this ignoramus!

Comment

• Typical BK... He knows he's wrong about New York, so he tries to move the discussion to another place. Just more intellectual dishonesty.

And you wonder why the Pope says that Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness... BK is a classic example of what he's talking about.
                        But then again, BK doesn't even support the leader of the Church he says he's a part of. Sad...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          Typical BK... He knows he's wrong about New York, so he tries to move the discussion to another place. Just more intellectual dishonesty.

And you wonder why the Pope says that Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness... BK is a classic example of what he's talking about.
                          But then again, BK doesn't even support the leader of the Church he says he's a part of. Sad...
                          He is moving it to a conservative province in Canada (British Colombia right?)... which has a fraction the population of New York City itself. Not even counting the rest of New York state. Us LGBT people tend to live in cities... a bit more accepting there and less Bens running around with pitchforks.

BK won't be getting my forgiveness.

Comment

• 60 percent of all homosexual marriages in BC came from outside of the province. This contrasts with traditional marriages at 90 percent of those coming from within the province.

In the first year they had 773 marriages. Compared with 21k marriages overall, that's about 3.5 percent.

Comment

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quoti...70117a-eng.htm

60 percent of all homosexual marriages in BC came from outside of the province. This contrasts with traditional marriages at 90 percent of those coming from within the province.

In the first year they had 773 marriages. Compared with 21k marriages overall, that's about 3.5 percent.
                              I really don't give a **** about a conservative province up in Canada.

I'm talking about high population areas... where most LGBT people live.

Comment

• I love it how a genderbending gay guy like me can drive Ben crazy lol... just drive him to the nut house. Oh wait... he was already there. I didn't know they had internet access at the asylum.

Comment

Working...
                                X