Catholic Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholic Answers

We seem to have two schools of thought here on Catholicism, the BK School and the Ming School. I probably should have written the Ming school first since no one really thinks BK is a real catholic except Nikolai and I haven't seen him around lately.

Anyway, my question is what if a child molester priest went to Purgatory. Could another catholic pray him into Heaven?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

According to the AAHZ-Theoryâ„¢ no. Only YHWH and his senior archangels themselves determine who joins them in The Great War. and a child molester would be...

Unfit for duty.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Anyway, my question is what if a child molester priest went to Purgatory. Could another catholic pray him into Heaven?
      Yes - if the priest were irredeemable then he'd be in hell instead of purgatory
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Purgatory doesn't exist. I assumed Kidicious meant Hell in my answer.
        Order of the Fly

Comment

Follow me on:https://www.instagram.com/antonio_capraro/https://www.facebook.com/antonio.capraro.singerhttps://twitter.com/Anto_CapraroCatholic girlsWith a ti...
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

You really should learn how to embed. it has moar effect.
            Order of the Fly

Comment

Also to further my point... once a soul is in Hell it is out of YHWH's hands unless he sends an Angel down to... retrieve them.

Satan is a god too... and a soul in his domain is HIS SOUL to do with whatever he wishes.

But I can only assume you all want to take this thrade to 50 pages of meaningless and counterproductive Bible quotes. Tune in to the AAHZ-Thrade™ for how things really work. But I know that change is hard... you all will resist the truth.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

I asked Google maps for directions from Purgatory to Heaven, and it couldn't help. Don't think praying will help.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                  Yes - if the priest were irredeemable then he'd be in hell instead of purgatory
                  If you can pray people into heaven doesn't that make everyone redeemable?

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                    Also to further my point... once a soul is in Hell it is out of YHWH's hands unless he sends an Angel down to... retrieve them.

Satan is a god too... and a soul in his domain is HIS SOUL to do with whatever he wishes.

But I can only assume you all want to take this thrade to 50 pages of meaningless and counterproductive Bible quotes. Tune in to the AAHZ-Thrade™ for how things really work. But I know that change is hard... you all will resist the truth.

But I can't post in your thrade until I get a new phone.

So, can I ask you a question? According to you, is it easy or hard to get into heaven (assuming I'm correct that you believe that you can work your way to heaven).

Comment

You really should learn how to embed. it has moar effect.
                      No. Not this thread plz.

Comment

If you can pray people into heaven doesn't that make everyone redeemable?
                        You can only pray people into heaven if they're in purgatory, not hell

As for everybody being redeemable, I believe that canon is that hell / damnation is eternal

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          You can only pray people into heaven if they're in purgatory, not hell

As for everybody being redeemable, I believe that canon is that hell / damnation is eternal
                          Do some people go straight to hell? What do you have to do to go straight to hell?

Comment

Do some people go straight to hell? What do you have to do to go straight to hell?
                            Mortal sins such as murder get you sent to hell if you fail to make reconciliation for them. Veniel sins aka "minor" sins get you sent to purgatory instead

Comment

According to the AAHZ-Theory™ no. Only YHWH and his senior archangels themselves determine who joins them in The Great War. and a child molester would be...

Unfit for duty.
                              What if Satans army of evil at Armageddon would consist of lots of children?
                              Wouldn't child molesting priests in this case be considered especially fit for duty?
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X