Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you moving to Canada when Trump and/or Clinton is elected President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
    How dare people hire Mexicans /sarcasm
    Originally posted by giblets View Post
    If you pay someone for something, you're morally obligated to keep buying from them even if someone else offers to do it for less. FACT.
    Originally posted by giblets View Post
    THEY TOOK OUR JERBS
    yes, that's exactly the kind of of attitude that makes me think that trump, despite being a poor man's mussolini, has a good chance in this election.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• He does not, actually.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• oh dear, it's worse than i thought: he's practically a racing certainty now.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• It does make you wonder who is actually voting for Trump when the rational/economic R's like Kuciclan, the more progressive R's like Ming and rah, and the insane/racist/misogynist R's like Kid and Ben all don't like him.

Comment

• Somebody must be. I originally didn't think he was that bad, figuring he was a good FU vote. But that changed quite quickly.
            Voting lib for the first time is going to feel real strange. Of course, in Illinois my presidential vote doesn't mean anything.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              yes, that's exactly the kind of of attitude that makes me think that trump, despite being a poor man's mussolini, has a good chance in this election.
              If you just mock them harder, they'll realize they're wrong and go back to standing in line at the welfare office.

Anyway, let's LOOK AT THE FRICKING NUMBERS, people. Clinton has a pitifully narrow edge, and her campaign is not doing all that hot AFAICT. A mix of tried-and-true blue-meat pablum and down-the-nose OMG-what-a-nasty-troll rubbish. By turns boring and obnoxious. Great job, lady. That's really going to whip up the enthusiasm among the hordes of people who don't really like either of you.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Her campaign is just turning it up and will be moving into a different gear right now. But please enlighten us more on all the problems of her campaign... seeing as you know everything. *rolleyes* You sure talk a lot of trash.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• People are overstating Trumps chances. First off, the majority of people who supported him in the primaries were a faction of the republican party. A good portion of the party doesn't like him. Independents don't like him. Liberals hate him. Women and minorities can't stand him.

Polls notoriously underrepresent minorities. this was the same in the 2012 election when everybody thought Romney would win. In the end, hammered by minority turnout. Now they say 13-15% of voters could be Latino in this election and they nearly universally hate Trump.

But keep on hating me...
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• i seem to recall that the general consensus was that obama would win in 2012, both in the coverage i read and on here.

and you may well be right. i don't follow american politics closely enough to dispute what you say about minority turnout, etc. but i will say that hillary has pitched herself as the establishment candidate against the insurgent trump, and that right now, across the western world, people are in an insurgent mood.

Comment

• Hillary picking Tim Kaine may have been the nail in Trump. Insurgency... nonsense. Trump has angered women and minorities to such an extent, it doesn't matter what some angry white men think. The angry white man doesn't run this country anymore. This is a very diverse country... unlike what happened in the UK. Now many in England are begging for a "do over". I think Americans will look at that and say "no we don't want to be that stupid and regret it later".

Trump would have been a great candidate when it came to demographics like 20-30 years ago. Not now though.

Trump has absolutely ****ing blown it with huge portions of this country.

13-15% of the projected voter base in 2016. There have been huge registration drives.

"In total, 80% of Latino voters said they have an unfavorable view of Trump. And if the elections were held today, 75% of Latinos would vote for Clinton, compared to 14% for Trump."

People should not understate them. Ever. They will turn out in huge numbers. I'm sure these numbers will constantly get even worse as time goes on.

Hillary isn't an establishment candidate per say. She has a huge organization on the ground, left from Obama. Many Obama campaign managers are now working for her. She will have a strong ability to get out voters, as she showed during the primaries, where she got more votes than any other candidate.

Oh and more from the article:

"Trump’s VP pick isn’t helping him win any points with Latino voters either. Putting Mike Pence on the ticket will make 84% of Latino voters surveyed “less likely to vote for Trump.” Sorry, güey.

The Republican Party has a similar image problem among Latinos. Most Latinos surveyed described the party as “angry”, “old”, “anti-immigrant”, “dangerous”, and “negative.” The GOP is certainly old, but not so grand."

Pence is not only unpopular among LGBT voters, but he's also incredibly unpopular among Latinos.

Pence is a unpopular piece of ****, and the VP choice matters more than ever. Hillary picked a guy who republicans can't really say anything about, and someone who has a plethora of experience. Tim Kaine will matter despite what someone says.

Comment

• I cannot recall anyone seriously thinking Romney would win at any point. I certainly didn't. Obama wasn't wonderful, but holy farglesnot was Romney a wooden howdy-doody goof. Anyway, a lot has changed in the last four years. The world is a much scarier place, things are falling apart, and HRC is partying like it's 1999.

"A lot of people don't like Trump." At what point have I ever contested that? Go a few replies up and you'll see me unequivocally saying that his unfavorability has never drifted far from 60%, while his favorability has hardly ever risen above 35%. But that's not the point, because as I said a few posts above that, this is a race between two deeply flawed and crummy candidates almost nobody likes. People hate Clinton almost as much as they hate Trump. Almost. That's where her 3% edge is coming from: "slightly less repulsive as a person." I'm not totally sure why--I'm guessing it's the female genitals, combined with poor charisma, a bunch of mostly-lame scandals and being married to a man who has sexually penetrated most of Arkansas--but people really frigging hate that woman. In this race, pointing out Trump's repulsiveness as a weakness is like pointing out that he needs to sleep for several hours out of every day. It is not a disadvantage if it's true of both candidates.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• Here we go again... with the all knowing one. Look at polls done on specific minorities and look at the strikingly high disapproval ratings. Oh and Trumps disapproval rating has remained in the upper 60s and even hit 70% in one certain poll. Trump is well hated by minorities, yet you still think he has a good chance. And how the heck is Hillary partying like it's 1999? The world is a scary place, but it was also a scary place during the cold war. Things are falling apart... oh boo ****ing hoo. I could easily argue that one as a matter of perspective. Daesh is being struck from all corners from even Russia and is under siege. It is losing territory. Of course there would be a violent reaction, but I take it your knee jerk reactionary nonsense will always matter more.

And poor charisma... again "seeing all enlightened one"... that IS YOUR OPINION. People happen to like Hillary more than Trump and that is why she'll win over him in the end. But you're too much of a bird brain to even see that.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 24, 2016, 00:09. Reason: Toned down a bit.

Comment

• FINAL POINT: Hillary is more well liked, has a wider coalition of voters and has more people supporting her on the ground. This is exactly why she'll win in the end. It isn't about angry stupid white men anymore. It isn't 1980.

It is 2016, and most people are not buying into Trump's stupid bull****. They know he won't make anyone safer. And if people actually believed the crap and subscribed to the fear, he would have far better approval ratings... which he does not. CASE ****ING CLOSED.

Comment

• Okay, so a group who are invisible to all polls disapprove of him when polled specifically, but that disappears in general polls. You are right because of something completely unquantifiable. Gotcha.

Your statement about Trump's disapproval rating is absolutely, verifiably false. Do I need to link to RCP AGAIN? Would there be any point? Unbiased national poll and survey aggregate. She leads him in favorability and polls alike by about three percent. His current disapproval is just shy of sixty. It was worse a couple of months ago, but that was a brief aberration from a long-term trend that puts him exactly where he is now. At several points they have been so closed to tied as to be within sampling error.
                              1011 1100

Comment

• The most important job of the president is to keep Americans safe. That means standing up to aggressors around the world and defeating global terrorism by depriving ISIS of physical and virtual territory. I’ll dismantle the global terror networks that supply terrorists and toughen our defenses at home—against both external and homegrown threats. - Hillary Clinton

Yeah... she's partying like it's 1999. Bull****. She is actually addressing them. I would prefer US Politicians not call them ISIS though. The real name they should be called is Daesh.

Trump doesn't rank that much higher in polling when it comes to national security. The two are fairly even in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X