Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you moving to Canada when Trump and/or Clinton is elected President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I think both of them are horrible I won't move. I think 8 years of Hillary poses a true threat to end of our republic and the official start of an oligarchy, especially if followed by Chelsea, or a Bush or a Kennedy. Realistically, I have neither the money, nor the contacts, no any support system to move to Canada. If the US does collapse, I'd rather move to the Swiss Alps and see if I could apply as a refugee in the EU.

Comment

I just moved to Florida because every candidate loves a swing state.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I already live (part of the year) in Chile.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm moving to Canada. Probably.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
            While I think both of them are horrible I won't move. I think 8 years of Hillary poses a true threat to end of our republic and the official start of an oligarchy, especially if followed by Chelsea, or a Bush or a Kennedy. Realistically, I have neither the money, nor the contacts, no any support system to move to Canada. If the US does collapse, I'd rather move to the Swiss Alps and see if I could apply as a refugee in the EU.
            EU is ****, Switzerland on the other hand, is the best governed country on the planet.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
              Eh. Our country survived the Adamses and the Roosevelts. I'm not sure we've ever had to survive a Trump, though.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Maybe we'd survive Trump, if the presidency loses a lot of its power and influence during Trump's first term.

Comment

So you assume an election and re-election?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

No. and the rest of my DL gang agrees with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      Eh. Our country survived the Adamses and the Roosevelts. I'm not sure we've ever had to survive a Trump, though.
                      I assume he'll change to SaneTrump (or just to SomewhatMoreSaneTrump) mode when he actually has to do real business.

Because of that most of his followers will begin to think he's a traitor to the true nutjob cause which means they'll support an even more absurd candidate next time. This starts a cycle which over time increases the chance that someone becomes prez who really messes up everything big time
                      Blah

Comment

This will just lead to the implosion of the Republican Party.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Implosion is doubtful. They've always had a stronger sense of tribal loyalty than the Dems, to the point where they've been able, after a long, bitter primary season, to rally around the most preposterous candidate possible. Meanwhile Bernie and Hillary supporters are still fighting. I could see the GOP evolving into the core of something like a true fascist movement, but not simply withering away. More likely the coalition will complete the change it's already begun with Trump, and turn into the party of the angry nativist poor. Whether the Dems win or not, they'll have to adapt to the new system too.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok is a nerd.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              a true fascist movement

would love to hear your definition of this
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No but if the UK goes for Brexit, I'm considering getting French citizenship when I complete my 5 years residency! (and learn how to speak French..)
                                Last edited by kentonio; June 9, 2016, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X