No announcement yet.

SMACX Source Code Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SMAC EXE has been fan modified and available on Apolyton as well as many other SMAC fansites for at least 5 years. (I think there were precursors to it as well.)

Comment

Cool, looks like Firaxis are fine with it for SMAC then. The warning remains however in case people mistake this for the normal way of things.

Comment

inb4 FBI

Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Nerd.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Someone asked what the practical utility of this project was for the average user. scient replied:
            Originally posted by scient
            From the stand point of someone non-technical it probably means little. For modding? I hope it to be a cornucopia of information. You want to mess around with scroll bars? Easy. You want to see all the functions related to the infographic windows at bottom of main window? Done. You want to poke around all the diplomacy or battle code? Or perhaps the internal structure of a "unit" stored in memory and all the references to a unit's status? Done. Stuff like this and much more. The goal for me at least is to have a fully marked up database that could be used to start decompiling whole portions of the game.
            http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php...94937#msg94937

...In short, it opens a lot of horizons for modding things that couldn't be modded before - provided the cooperation of a techie. For most of us, it means more new playable content...

No pasarán

Comment

SMACX v2.0 Source Code Analysis Database

SMACX v2.0 Code Analysis Database

This is a work in progress of a complete analysis on the SMACX v2.0 binary.
              There is much left to do regarding filling in missing functions as well as
              details regarding internal structures. It is provided as is. There might be
              mistakes as meticulous as I am. If you find somewhere that I did something
              incorrectly, please post on the forums and let me know. I plan to continue
              my analysis on the binary as time permits. However, I hope by releasing the
              database in its current state that the community will benefit.

scient (Brendan Casey) - 6/15/2016
              Click image for larger version

Name:	acbeautoposter.png
Views:	2
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	9102331

http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php...=view;down=341

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
              X