No announcement yet.

A Sane and Moral Choice for Prez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then I guess no choicers are just SOL this time around. What a shame.
    That's a clever insult I've never heard of before. Who writes your material? Sid Caesar?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      You told a class full of kids that you didn't vote?
      Middle schoolers. And I'm a sub, so I doubt it made much impact, if you're worried about them losing faith in democracy. I allow that I should have kept my mouth shut, but one does get tired of shoveling bull**** all the time.

EDIT: Did you forget the aspie part? IRL, when I don't have indefinite time to think over what I say, my sense of tact is deeply defective. E.g. at work many years ago some women were discussing how Cabbage Patch Dolls now come in preemie sizes. I asked if they also sold aborted Cabbage Patch Fetuses under the name "coleslaw."

For some reason, nobody laughed.
      Last edited by Elok; June 3, 2016, 08:28.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

There are systems in which you can vote more than once, such that you can simultaneously ensure the greater evil isn't elected and that you voice your true preference. In our system, that's not possible except by hoping (sometimes with good cause) that your vote not to prevent the greater evil isn't required.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, first-past-the-post is another nail in the voting coffin for me.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Middle schoolers. And I'm a sub, so I doubt it made much impact, if you're worried about them losing faith in democracy. I allow that I should have kept my mouth shut, but one does get tired of shoveling bull**** all the time.

EDIT: Did you forget the aspie part? IRL, when I don't have indefinite time to think over what I say, my sense of tact is deeply defective. E.g. at work many years ago some women were discussing how Cabbage Patch Dolls now come in preemie sizes. I asked if they also sold aborted Cabbage Patch Fetuses under the name "coleslaw."

I laughed.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              That's a clever insult I've never heard of before. Who writes your material? Sid Caesar?
              I see you're mistaking a statement of fact for an insult.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Middle schoolers. E.g. at work many years ago some women were discussing how Cabbage Patch Dolls now come in preemie sizes. I asked if they also sold aborted Cabbage Patch Fetuses under the name "coleslaw."

I laughed. But I am a rather horrible person.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I see you're mistaking a statement of fact for an insult.
                  I was referring to 'no choicers'. Pretty sure choosing to keep your child rather than killing her is a choice.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Does that mean you are really pro choice?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Does that mean you are really pro choice?
                      I believe that some choices are wrong and that preventing children from being killed in abortion outweighs the inconvenience of having to bear a child to term.

Comment

Yes we're all quite familiar with your stance on this issue.
                        So we're back to you believing there should be no choice. So no choice is an appropriate term to use.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So we're back to you believing there should be no choice. So no choice is an appropriate term to use.
                          Curious. If choosing to keep your child is the same as having no choice, then how is pro choice different from pro abortion?

Comment

IT's not that hard of a concept.
                            I believe in the right to choose but would never choose that option unless the mother was at risk.
                            You also would never choose that option but believe that no one else should either.

I am pro choice and you are no choice. Seems kind of simple.

But if you actually believe that you're choosing to keep your child, then by definition, that is pro choice.

You can be pro choice and still not be pro abortion.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IT's not that hard of a concept.
                              I believe in the right to choose but would never choose that option unless the mother was at risk.
                              That means that you would support the decision of the mother to carry to term, no?

You also would never choose that option but believe that no one else should either.
                              Presumably you don't believe that women should have the choice to kill their 1 year old. Why is that? Are you a no-choicer?

Some choices are wrong.

Comment

Presumably you don't believe that women should have the choice to kill their 1 year old.
                                Not what we're talking about, so what I think about that is not important to this discussion. There are many things I don't think should be done.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X