Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely antibiotic resistent bacteria found in US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To an extent. That the vast majority of antibiotics get used on livestock tells me the vast majority of the problem is there.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Does Kid realize he is one of the ones more likely to be thinned by a lack of working antibiotics?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Shhh!
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          To an extent. That the vast majority of antibiotics get used on livestock tells me the vast majority of the problem is there.
          The vast majority of (antibiotic-resistant or otherwise) pathogens in livestock are harmless to us. You'd need to study what percentage of antibiotic resistant pathogens in humans evolved that resistance while they were bovine pathogens and then jumped species, and what percentage evolved resistance while being human pathogens.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
            Does Kid realize he is one of the ones more likely to be thinned by a lack of working antibiotics?
            I'm counting on it.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              The vast majority of (antibiotic-resistant or otherwise) pathogens in livestock are harmless to us. You'd need to study what percentage of antibiotic resistant pathogens in humans evolved that resistance while they were bovine pathogens and then jumped species, and what percentage evolved resistance while being human pathogens.
              Very true but they do go back and forth from animals to humans. In fact, most human diseases started off in our animal friends. I am sure Pchang is right about human misuse but it seems like we could at least stop their use to promote growth in animals very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                I'm counting on it.
                Do you have a death wish or something, man?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Do you have a death wish or something, man?
                  Not really, but I'm almost 48. I could go any day now. It's better me than someone else.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                  X