Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stellaris

Just for informnation:

Patch 1.1 is out, in its Beta version (i.e. you have to subscribe to Beta to access it)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Should I wait to buy until it's included in the purchase?

The old thread got my interest up enough to give it a try.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What does 1.1 fix? Crash bugs or does it change some game mechanics?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Should I wait to buy until it's included in the purchase?

The old thread got my interest up enough to give it a try.
        Considering that it is expected to be released somewhen in the next week, that would be a possibility.

An alternative would be, of course, to buy the game tomorrow, subscribe to the Beta and then having the weekend to play it with the patch in its current state.
        There haven't been all too many complaints about bugs right now (but the Beta-Patch is out only since a few hours, so this still may change).

But no matter what, it is definitely better to play the game with the version 1.1 patch than with its previous version
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well it will be a long weekend.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
            What does 1.1 fix? Crash bugs or does it change some game mechanics?
            Better AI sector management, some changes that give you more informations and make it easier to manage your empire, as well as bug fixes

See here:
            Hello everyone! As you may have noticed, there was no Stellaris development diary this week, because the team has been extremely busy working on the first free patch for the game, which we have named Clarke. Clarke is currently undergoing...

I especially like the fact that now the number of sectors of (potrentially) habitable planets is included in the mouseover-information for a system

Comment

Stellaris forever!!!
              Sorry, Sid Meier!

Comment

Can you zoom out to the galaxy map with a scroll wheel yet?
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  Can you zoom out to the galaxy map with a scroll wheel yet?
                  Nope ... witrh the scroll wheel you can zoom and unzoom within a solar system ... and you can zoom and unzoom on the galaxy map ...
                  you cannot use it to switch between both maps, however. You still have to press the Map-Button or the M-Key for this

Comment

Is the debris research in it's current form a bug or a feature?

It seems weird and unpredictable to me and looks more like a bug.
                    I stopped doing all the research things that pause regular research. How do you handle it?
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

IMHO it is working as intended, especially considering that the main use of debris research aren't the few research ponts you get, but rather the percentages on weapons (and other things) that you wouldn't be able to research via normal means (for example the Amoeba Flagellae (excellent Fightercrafts) or this special crystal armour you only get fropm high ranking crystals) ... therefore I will gladly sacrifice a few months of "normal" research in order to gain access to such research paths.

Normally I don't have problems with falling behind in research, compared to other empires, therefore I think I can afford it (at the moment I have more than 200 RP / month in every category and have split my sectors in half ... one half specializing in research, the other half in energy generation.

Comment

Addendum:
                        According to some people on the Paradox-Forum, the research you would generate during the time that you examine debris (or do other special projects) gets stored.

If this is true, you actrually don't lose any research, as the stored research points slowly are fed into your research process again, thereby speeding up the reearch of projects

Comment

In other words, there's no reason *not* to examine debris.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The research is not stored actually and it can easily be verified if you check. (I play on 1.03 IIRC)

So far I have noticed that only the first month the game stores all the research points that you generate. Then it stores random fraction of your total research most often 1 point only. I have not made extensive tests to see if the x% of tech A (that you often get for researching debris) is more or less what should have been stored.
                            Maybe it is but I often have no use for the debris techs. Or at least would like to prioritize other techs first.
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              IMHO it is working as intended, especially considering that the main use of debris research aren't the few research ponts you get, but rather the percentages on weapons (and other things) that you wouldn't be able to research via normal means (for example the Amoeba Flagellae (excellent Fightercrafts) or this special crystal armour you only get fropm high ranking crystals) ... therefore I will gladly sacrifice a few months of "normal" research in order to gain access to such research paths.
                              Yeah same here, civilization wide bonuses are insanely good. Passing up on them for the sake of a few months of normal research doesn't compute for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X