CIV Old Timers... Welcome Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV Old Timers... Welcome Back!

The Old Timers thread is one I miss already. It was great to see long gone posters coming back and checking in with the news of Civ VI.

Yes, we do have a Civ VI Forum http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/394-Civilization-6

But that doesn't mean we can't try to find more Old Civers.

So feel free to keep coming back and checking in. You can also use this thread to discuss Civ VI or Civ in general.
    And also feel free to join the discussion in the Civ VI Forums.

KEEP ON CIVIN'
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I've let Solver know; he was pretty put out about the old thread going away.

-Hope we can chat about whatever this time without the assigning blame coming into reflections on old times...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Yes this thread should be about the old timers coming back and CIV VI... Not ancient feuds.

As I said in the old thread... the past is the past. Let's live in the present.

Everybody is welcome back.
      So let's not act like little kindergarten children
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

It was great seeing some ancient names. I hope they stick around. It always feels weird when I realize that I've been active on Poly longer than some of the people that were here from the very beginning.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The past is there, history, and no ignoring it - it can be interesting and that's fine. Just, when insults and argument come in, it sorta ruins the purpose of the thread. I certainly intend to follow the wishes of the Admin/OP, in this - as is always a really good idea...

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Yes this thread should be about the old timers coming back and CIV VI... Not ancient feuds.

As I said in the old thread... the past is the past. Let's live in the present.

Everybody is welcome back.
            So let's not act like little kindergarten children
            Let me further this by saying that all ancient feuds and flame wars can be directed to the appropriate place... the newest AAHZ-Thrade™, which is accumulating view counts at an alarming rate i might add. You see, there AAHZ-Rules™ apply... Among other things.

I'll be waiting.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

So... anything new in the last week or 2 while I was away? I notice old 'ignore's have been reactivated...
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                So... anything new in the last week or 2 while I was away? I notice old 'ignore's have been reactivated...
                Not much... only lost the entire forum since Feb 1st... but otherwise, everything is simply dandy
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Old timer... hmmm... I prefer the term temporally enriched.

Comment

welcome back.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

When I joined, my first kid was in diapers. Now he's a senior.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It truly feels weird to see how long it's been. I joined this site when gaming was still generally for nerds and saying you play games wasn't always socially acceptable. And I've been here through the time when it became far more mainstream, when sites like this became huge, and now through increased commercialization of games and the gradual shift of attention from fansites to social media. Also interesting to think that Apolyton is ancient by Internet standards - turned out that websites disappear quickly, and not many outside of government and huge corps have been continuously operating since the late 90s.

I also remember how much time and effort it took me to put together a coherent post in English when I started here. Ah memories
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

^It's true.^ I remember when Sleeper there used to devote time and effort to anything, and I've only been around seven years.

(He knows I'm kidding, Ming; it's cool.)

No pasarán

Comment

To be honest, I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I'm a DL.

Yep....... truth.

I originally registered in 1999 after CtP was released as the handle UCK. A nickname I was given late 80s that stuck. But I fled after being attacked here because I had no idea UCK was a genocidal splinter group in the Yugoslav war.

Anyways came back later for CtP2 as this. Have been this on forums ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                              The past is there, history, and no ignoring it
                              This is Poly. If you refuse to ignore history, our servers will simply delete it.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X