Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    Please, remember how old I am. I'm talking about the 60's when gay still meant a guy that was happy.
    Who knows what will be possible 50 years from now?
    Maybe.

We will see. I certainly hope the republicans disappear. The democrats are merely fine in my book.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Believe me, you don't want a green party in parlament, biggest wealth destroyers I've ever seen in power.
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        Greens are 3% now. Big difference.
        Yes, a 200% increase is indeed a big difference.

Comment

• statistically significant I'm sure.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              Yes, a 200% increase is indeed a big difference.
              I guess if by jumping from 1% to 3% (maybe but not likely) you might have a case.

One big problem though.

All polls have margin of errors around that. It is still statistically irrelevant. We don't know. The Green Party falls in the margin of error. The Libs sure did take a lot from Trump though by all measures. They seem to be doing better.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                I guess if by jumping from 1% to 3% (maybe but not likely) you might have a case.

One big problem though.

All polls have margin of errors around that. It is still statistically irrelevant. We don't know. The Green Party falls in the margin of error.
                Which is why people go with trends of polls over time, and not just a simple comparison of two individual polls.

Comment

• Hillary is surging right past Trump and Stein is having no effect on her now. I saw a poll that had Hillary at 44-37% over Trump in Georgia. Shocking. If I read that right that is a 7% lead in a deeply Republican state. He has imploded totally.

Comment

• No-one said anything about Hillary. We were talking about the potential for growth amongst the third parties.

Comment

• Election pretty much over for Trump. Trump's only path has 'tossup' Michigan - where he is 6.6 points down to Hillary, and Wisconsin - where he is 5.6 points down to Hillary. He has lost Virginia and Pennsylvania. Even if Trump wins all the true tossups, Hillary is at 273.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• If we extrapolate forward, soon 243% of Americans will support the green party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Election pretty much over for Trump. Trump's only path has 'tossup' Michigan - where he is 6.6 points down to Hillary, and Wisconsin - where he is 5.6 points down to Hillary. He has lost Virginia and Pennsylvania. Even if Trump wins all the true tossups, Hillary is at 273.
                          There is some possibility Hillary will get in the high 300s at this point. She may even take some Southern states too.

There are months to go, but voters know both well and the majority prefer Hillary.

That Georgia poll shocked me. The state is undergoing major demographic changes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            No-one said anything about Hillary. We were talking about the potential for growth amongst the third parties.
                            The LPs maybe. The Green's? Probably not.

Comment

• Tge latest polls are showing greens at 4% and libertarians at 8.6%. One more point and the greens cross the magic 5% barrier where federal election funds will be made available for them next election.

I don't support a lot of Stein's more far out positions but it would be a good thing for democracy if our two party system became a fpur party system because then politicians and parties would have to become a whole lot more reaponsive to the will of the people.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So what are y'all making of Trumps economic ideas? From what I read it's taxcuts, taxcuts, taxcuts mostly, plus some unspecific nationalist stuff (make american cars great again or somesuch, renegotiate trade, whatnot).
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X