Is Hillary Clinton above the law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hillary Clinton above the law?

I wonder what's going on. Why hasn't anything happened yet?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

She's a rich, white politician. Of course she's above the law. Why would you ask a stupid question like that?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That isn't always a guarantee. See Dennis Hastert, or any list of past Governors in Illinois.

I can only assume that this isn't the slam dunk that those on the right would like you to believe it is.

Or, they're just hoping for better timing on when it could damage her the most.

Or they remember how badly they got butt hurt the last time they took a shot at her and are trying to set it up better.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or it could be -- I know, crazy idea -- that she just did nothing illegal.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

She's admitted to using her own server and that is technically illegal. And I'm willing to bet that there are a few more items, the only question is how piddly **** they are.
          If it's only the server, even as much as I dislike her, I wouldn't go after her for that, but if she was holding documents that she shouldn't have been then she need to take some crap for it. Even if it's just a slap on the wrist. She is running for the highest office in the country, and if she can't take accountability for not following federal guidelines, what can we expect later.

And I did say
          I can only assume that this isn't the slam dunk that those on the right would like you to believe it is.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

One of the emails tells someone to send her documents even if they are classified.

Comment

I'm not defending her; I'm not a supporter politically. Just saying that between Cellgate and Benghazi, the GOP has spent tens of millions on multiple investigations, to no apparent legal effect. Plenty of reputation-smearing, but little else.

Fun fact 1: Under GWB, Secretary of State Colin Powell routinely used his personal cellphone to carry out government business. This news came out last March, and I've yet to see one GOPer suggest that it should be looked into.

Fun fact 2: The Federal Records Act - in case you didn't know, the actual law in question here - was not changed to address the use of private email accounts until after Clinton’s tenure ended at State Dept., according to the Wall Street Journal. The overhaul was made in 2014 and now requires any email sent from a private account to also be copied and forwarded to a State Department account.

So while Hillary was likely operating outside federal guidelines, it's entirely possible - just possible, mind you - that her actions were not illegal at the time they occurred.
              Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 1, 2016, 17:48.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'll concede that possibility. But I wouldn't bet on it.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Neither would I. Just trying to address Kid's question with a few facts.

Hopelessly optimistic, I know. But occasionally, I try.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    I'm not defending her; I'm not a supporter politically. Just saying that between Cellgate and Benghazi, the GOP has spent tens of millions on multiple investigations, to no apparent legal effect. Plenty of reputation-smearing, but little else.

Fun fact 1: Under GWB, Secretary of State Colin Powell routinely used his personal cellphone to carry out government business. This news came out last March, and I've yet to see one GOPer suggest that it should be looked into.

Fun fact 2: The Federal Records Act - in case you didn't know, the actual law in question here - was not changed to address the use of private email accounts until after Clinton’s tenure ended at State Dept., according to the Wall Street Journal. The overhaul was made in 2014 and now requires any email sent from a private account to also be copied and forwarded to a State Department account.

So while Hillary was likely operating outside federal guidelines, it's entirely possible - just possible, mind you - that her actions were not illegal at the time they occurred.
                    She didn't use the government email at all. She only used her private email. She told people to send her information even if it's classified.

Good luck with your conspiracy theory. It's more likely that Bush was behind 9/11.

Comment

Working...
                    X