This actually blows my mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This actually blows my mind.

Going to be legal to urinate in public in NYC because too many minorities are getting arrested for it. They should rename New York to New Sweden.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/40005-2/
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

While I agree that this sounds silly, they do state in the article that they would still be treated as a Civil offense.
    I was actually more blown by the fact that there are 1.2 million outstanding warrants on this and similar violations (public intox, littering, and noise complaints)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Getting fined for public urination doesn't make it legal. Does Kidicious think driving over the speed limit is legal?

Comment

More proof that NYC needs Jesus.

Comment

I would prefer that the courts spend their valuable resources on more important crimes.

But there will be enough idiots in NY that will think that it's 'legal' now and it will encourage them to do it more.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Getting fined for public urination doesn't make it legal. Does Kidicious think driving over the speed limit is legal?
            You're missing the point. They think this is going to help minorities become better people. That's what's wrong with liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              I would prefer that the courts spend their valuable resources on more important crimes.

But there will be enough idiots in NY that will think that it's 'legal' now and it will encourage them to do it more.
              If they can't punish people for urinating in public they have a serious problem. I hardly think freeing up resources is a realistic solution to their serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                You're missing the point. They think this is going to help minorities become better people. That's what's wrong with liberals.
                Are you going to tell black people they need jesus?

Comment

Not make them better people. If you actually read the article you posted you would have seen.

“We know that the system has been really rigged against communities of color in particular,” said Ms. Mark-Viverito,
                  who has promoted such reforms and is the main sponsor of the bills. “So the question has always been, what can we do in this
                  job to minimize unnecessary interaction with the criminal justice system, so that these young people can really fulfill their potential?”
                  It's hard enough for minorities to get jobs. Having a criminal record makes it harder. Especially if the cops are more likely to arrest a black man than a white one for this offense.
                  In my younger days, I was stupid and got caught urinating in an alley after a Cubs game. All I got was a warning. I'm sure a black man wouldn't have gotten off so lightly.

I was more disturbed by seeing that they include public masturbation in the list. I would definitely have kept that one on the criminal list.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    More proof that NYC needs Jesus.
                    If he can turn water into wine, he can turn pee into water?

Comment

Also ... Jesus would be a minority.

Comment

Holy **** Port-o-Potties ... ask yourself, where would Jesus piss?

Comment

But I doubt he'd get nabbed for public masturbation.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But I doubt he'd get nabbed for public masturbation.
                            He looks middle eastern, has a beard, wears robes ... he'll be shot as a terrorist.

Comment

Not make them better people. If you actually read the article you posted you would have seen.

It's hard enough for minorities to get jobs. Having a criminal record makes it harder. Especially if the cops are more likely to arrest a black man than a white one for this offense.
                              In my younger days, I was stupid and got caught urinating in an alley after a Cubs game. All I got was a warning. I'm sure a black man wouldn't have gotten off so lightly.

I was more disturbed by seeing that they include public masturbation in the list. I would definitely have kept that one on the criminal list.
                              It doesn't surprise me that you've urinated in public. It's no wonder that you don't care if others do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X