Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the appropriate degree of (un)certainty to have regarding the state of somebody's soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will find no mention of either in the OT.
    So that whole matter over the golden calf was just a misunderstanding and YHWH is actually all aces with it?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Narrow is the road to salvation and few find it... Broad is the path to destruction.
      Assessment of the state of other people's souls.

Comment

And people wonder why I argue that few find heaven. They argue that because they believe that what they do here doesn't matter in the end.

Comment

Bk is trollin trollin trollin, keep those dawgies rollin...

three tries, no result
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's because he thinks blacks are inferior, kind of cramps up his style overall

Comment

Take it up with Jesus then.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm taking it up with you because you said you haven't made any sort of assessment about other people's souls when you clearly have made an assessment about other people's souls. Stop blaming your actions on Jesus and take responsibility for yourself.

Comment

Gosh Ben, you sound like you know all about the afterlife. Died, did you?

Comment

Well, his brain did.
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                      Gosh Ben, you sound like you know all about the afterlife. Died, did you?
                      Perhaps he did (without realizing), went straight to hell (because finally it was one christian sect other than catholicism, that represented the right version of christianity) and we are the demons/devils who are there to torment him for eternity
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This seems like as good an opportunity as ever to insert a gratuitous Don Henley song. At least he isn't Freyed. It's pretty funky. (Note, although sexy, there's no reference to odour).

Comment

I'm taking it up with you because you said you haven't made any sort of assessment about other people's souls when you clearly have made an assessment about other people's souls. Stop blaming your actions on Jesus and take responsibility for yourself.
                          When all I'm doing is quoting Jesus?

Matthew 7:13. God knows hearts and minds, I do not. He judges rightly and it is not my place to judge others.

Jesus says that few find salvation in the Lord, I am inclined to believe him.

Comment

Perhaps he did (without realizing), went straight to hell (because finally it was one christian sect other than catholicism, that represented the right version of christianity) and we are the demons/devils who are there to torment him for eternity
                            I claim no special knowledge, only what the Catechism and Christ teaches.

Comment

When all I'm doing is quoting Jesus?

Matthew 7:13. God knows hearts and minds, I do not. He judges rightly and it is not my place to judge others.

Jesus says that few find salvation in the Lord, I am inclined to believe him.
                              You are only explaining why you made the assessment you did. It doesn't matter what reasons lead you to make that assessment, it's still your assessment, even if you just assessed someone else's assessment as the correct assessment and adopted it.

You made an assessment as to the state of other people's souls. You claimed you didn't make an assessment of the state of other people's souls. You lied.

Comment

I feel like I'm watching a cat playing with a mouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X