X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2016

MLB 2016
    I couldn't help myself.

But it needed to be done. Pitchers and Catchers are reporting in almost a month.
    And more important. There's some a lot of optimism in Chicago this year. Especially on the North Side.
    GMS are making the final touches for what could be a great season.
    There have been worse years.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Is there any other sport where mediocrity is rewarded like it is in baseball?

Tazawa, Red Sox agree at $3,375,000, avoid arbitration

3 Mil for a 29-year-old right-hander who was 2-7 with three saves and a 4.14 ERA in 61 relief appearances last year,
    Granted he sucked up some innings and was marginally better in previous seasons but definitely nothing to write home about.

Or Phillies right-hander Hellickson for 7 Mil,
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We're only three weeks away from clubs starting to report to camp.

It might rinse out the bad taste the Bears left in my mouth.
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        We're only three weeks away from clubs starting to report to camp.

It might rinse out the bad taste the Bears left in my mouth.
        And magically we are now into the end of May... and the Cubs have not disappointed us.
        And even the White Sox look good.

Hope does spring eternal
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Too bad Kris Bryant doesn't love playing in Cincinnati.

Three HR's and two doubles which is first time it's been done in MLB history; a franchise record for total bases; most total bases this season in MLB; most XBH by Cub since 1885, youngest Cub to hit three HR's in a game and most TB by Cub in 100 years.

What an amazing night!!

Cincy is just what the Cubs needed. Too bad I couldn't afford to stay another night or two and see this game.

Comment

This is a pretty depressing MLB thread.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              This is a pretty depressing MLB thread.
              Well... maybe if other people posted
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Rangers vs. Cubs World Series.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cubs were .806 on May 10th, and .722 on June 4th.

Since then they are just 13-15.

They would finish with an 89-73 record, which is a .549 record, still good enough to comfortably make the second wildcard.

So yes, folks, it is still possible for the Cubs to blow this.

The Dodgers in 1951 blew a 13 game lead in August. The Angels in 1995 blew an 11 game lead, also in August.

A bunch of teams have blown 7 games leads too. Cubs had a chance to put this away, but haven't been able to put everyone out.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 6, 2016, 01:34.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    They would finish with an 89-73 record, which is a .549 record, still good enough to comfortably make the second wildcard.
                    Care to place a bet?
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Loved the tribune this morning with the headline CHICAGO well represented with 8 all-stars (7 cubs and Chris Sale)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Care to place a bet?
                        Cubs lose their wire-to-wire run. Rangers have passed them.

Still 8.5 up now though, and with 6 home games in hand. Rangers are -5 for road games.

I don't know. They've certainly cooled off, but they still have a lot of games to give up. Still the best team in baseball given the home/road splits.

Dodgers are 5.5 back and the Mets are 6.

Cubs somehow manage to tie - not set their club record for the first half of the season at 51-30.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 6, 2016, 23:14.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You didn't answer the question...

I'll bet they finish the year with better than the 89-73 record you seem to be predicting.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

As the home run hitting contest is on the slate today, a simple question.
                            Would you want your fav team's star participating in the contest?

I'm happy none of the Cubs are participating. I think any short term glory or a few minutes of bragging rights isn't worth any possible long term negatives.
                            There's been no proven correlation but if there is any chance there is, I don't want to see the risk taken.

So is this just paranoia gone wild, or do others share the same feeling?

And when they were speculating if it would be fun to have pitchers participate.................
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree with you. I don't want any Cubs in HR contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X