Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How correct are your opinions / how true are your beliefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was responding to this part: "I find that there is an inexorable pull for the majority of people to believe my opinions and beliefs over time"

Comment

Indeed. Many of my predictions/opinions/beliefs have taken years to play out; many will take many years more!

I fear that people being nice on poly is one of the more intractable problems we have in the world, indeed the crisis in Syria is likely to be over long before poly becomes nice...

Comment

Nice. So when you appear to be wrong, it just means we need to wait longer for confirmation of your inevitable correctness.

Sounds like my wife.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The important distinction is that I don't usually appear to be wrong in the first place.

Comment

My belief in Sanata Claus turned out to be wrong. I'm devastated
            Blah

Comment

Quite a few women's belief in Santa Claus is renewed once they get married.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                The important distinction is that I don't usually appear to be wrong in the first place.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I have brain damage. Lots of it.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                    I have drain bamage. Lots of it.
                    fixt that for you.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I'm always right. Some people take some time before they come to terms with that, but it's OK. I can wait, and they eventually realize that I had been right
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

An argument between Mobius and N35t0r would thus be the most boring thing ever ... as both smugly sit back and wait for the other to adopt their position.

Comment

Untill they find out they have spent 10 years looking at each other despite them having identical opinions

Comment

You mean: "The other guy is wrong"
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I checked with my wife, and she informs me that I'm right 100% of the times that I agree with her.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X