Drug War in Mexico Lowers Male Life Expectancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giblets View Post
    How is that different from saying "I don't care if people are offended by being called a '******', and whoever says being called a '******' is offensive should be laughed at."....?
    One is laughing at people because they are a stupid liberal and the other us laughing at people because they are black.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Talk about new levels of stupidity. It sure hasn't stopped people from using them.
      And you can talk about all the drugs seized all you want. But maybe you should be paying attention to all the drugs that aren't seized or manufactured/grown in the US.
      The drug war has been lost. And it's time to start thinking about better options.
      I'll tell you what a better option is, not using illegal drugs. If you do you might get a case.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        One time a random white guy called me a honky, which left me more confused than offended
        You aren't a honky. You're a cracker.

Comment

Correlation does not imply causation.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            It would be good if people would stop doing drugs.
            it would be better if people would stop prohibiting them

Comment

Drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman has been captured by Mexican authorities in a bloody raid aimed at one of the world’s most notorious and slippery criminals.

Success

Comment

WT...? Why would saying 'people should stop using drugs' be stupid when we are talking about drug policy? The policy should be one that gets people to stop using drugs.
                making drugs illegal doesn't stop people from using them.

???? It has to be illegal for parents to do meth. That's why they get their kids taken away. So even if you make meth legal, it's still going to be illegal for parents to use, obviously.
                parents can lose their children for being drunks, yet alcohol is not illegal.

It really shouldn't be hard to understand that seizing illegal drugs prevents people from using them. Making drugs illegal prevents people from using them. Therefore, there are less problems. I showed you how many drugs were seized, just by the Border Patrol.
                how many people who wanted to use drugs in 2015 couldn't because there weren't any available? i'll go with zero. despite expensive and destructive seizures, enforcement and punishment, drugs are trivially easy to get hold of. you may have heard about the heroin epidemic sweeping through parts of the US currently. what has the expensive and damaging drug war done to prevent that? nothing.

moreover, it has made things worse because the violence associated with the drug trade wouldn't exist were drugs legal.

No. They used outdated statistics on purpose to exaggerate, and then they used updated statistics when it did make it look like there were more murders to mislead people. This is the same crap the left constantly does.

Murders have decreased significantly since 2010. That's what you are so dishonestly trying to hide.
                the second line of the article:

Life expectancy fell by 0.6 years for men between 2005 and 2010
                how did that confuse you? again, the fact that you are too stupid to understand something says more about you than about the thing itself.

and in fact the army was put onto the streets in 2006, which caused a big rise in deaths, peaking in 2011; more people were killed between 2010 and 2015, than between 2005 and 2010. you would know that if you had even the first clue about the topic.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  it would be better if people would stop prohibiting them
                  exactly. i would wager that there's not been a single day in human history where someone, somewhere hasn't drunk something, smoked something, or otherwise taken or ingested something to intoxicate themselves.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    making drugs illegal doesn't stop people from using them.
                    It most certainly does. In fact, more people don't use drugs because they don't want to go to prison that those who don't use drugs because it's immoral to do so or because it's unhealthy.
                    parents can lose their children for being drunks, yet alcohol is not illegal.
                    Alcohol is totally different from meth, crack etc... You don't even know what you're talking about. You don't even know what is happening with drugs.
                    how many people who wanted to use drugs in 2015 couldn't because there weren't any available? i'll go with zero. despite expensive and destructive seizures, enforcement and punishment, drugs are trivially easy to get hold of. you may have heard about the heroin epidemic sweeping through parts of the US currently. what has the expensive and damaging drug war done to prevent that? nothing.
                    I don't care what you go with. You don't know what you're talking about. It's obvious that taking drugs away from dealers is preventing people from using drugs. In fact, I used to do drugs. I know this.
                    the second line of the article:

how did that confuse you? again, the fact that you are too stupid to understand something says more about you than about the thing itself.

and in fact the army was put onto the streets in 2006, which caused a big rise in deaths, peaking in 2011; more people were killed between 2010 and 2015, than between 2005 and 2010. you would know that if you had even the first clue about the topic.
                    Well, there you go again. You have been accused of misleading with statistics. I even accused all liberals of that, and you just go and try to mislead again.

The fact is that murders in Mexico have been falling in the last 3-4 years, especially along the border.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                      If black people find "African-American" offensive (although as far as I know they usually don't, so this is hypothetical) then how is calling someone an African-American different from calling them a ******?
                      As far as I know they don't as such. Kid tried to claim that Whoopi Goldberg was claiming it was racist - even though his link said nothing of the sort!

Her point was that her and her family have been in the US for so long that she shouldn't need the 'African' part any more. It's not like whites are called 'European Whites' after all?

If people are being treated differently because of race, by definition that's racism in my book. Kid is a racist, so his attitude makes sense here.

Comment

Actually, can we ban him for something yet?

He must have said something recently that's more offensive than the thing that got Ben banned for so long?

Comment

It most certainly does. In fact, more people don't use drugs because they don't want to go to prison that those who don't use drugs because it's immoral to do so or because it's unhealthy.

I don't care what you go with. You don't know what you're talking about. It's obvious that taking drugs away from dealers is preventing people from using drugs. In fact, I used to do drugs. I know this.

it very plainly doesn't, as everyone in this thread has told you and as the examples i've mentioned have shown. i'm afraid just BAMing nonsense isn't good enough.

Alcohol is totally different from meth, crack etc... You don't even know what you're talking about. You don't even know what is happening with drugs.
                          yes, alcohol kills more people every year. and again i see you fail to even try to address the point. you need to up your game.

Well, there you go again. You have been accused of misleading with statistics. I even accused all liberals of that, and you just go and try to mislead again.

The fact is that murders in Mexico have been falling in the last 3-4 years, especially along the border.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...line/26574309/
                          i said it peaked in 2011; that means it started to fall after that, you halfwit. in other words, your 'point' is repeating exactly what i said

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                            Actually, can we ban him for something yet?

He must have said something recently that's more offensive than the thing that got Ben banned for so long?
                            I'm sure I have. Is offending morons a bannable offense?

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

it very plainly doesn't, as everyone in this thread has told you and as the examples i've mentioned have shown. i'm afraid just BAMing nonsense isn't good enough.
                              First of all, you, Ming and giblets mostly just spin bull**** here. So it doesn't matter what you all say.
                              Second, even if people like berz agree with you it doesn't mean it's true. You're obviously talking about stuff you don't know about.
                              yes, alcohol kills more people every year. and again i see you fail to even try to address the point. you need to up your game.
                              No. You need to educate yourself. You don't even know what's happening, so you want to ruin families by making it legal for parents to smoke meth all ****ing day.

i said it peaked in 2011; that means it started to fall after that, you halfwit. in other words, your 'point' is repeating exactly what i said
                              You obviously don't know what misleading is. Your claim is that the drug war is not working. You attempted to show that it is by posting misleading statistics. Statistics actually show that the drug war is working. Murders have decreased significantly in the last 3-4 years

Comment

i suppose it's progress when the only drug war defender here is kid. unfortunately, there still seem to be lots of idiots out there who provide the political cover for these stupid and destructive policies.

Comment

Working...
                                X