Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    One media person in another (german) forum thinks it may have to do with the fact that during the holidays most media companies only had a skeleton crew within their offices (and thanks to the weekend following the Silvester/new years holidays, probably till sunday inclusive) and that those people who were in the offices probably were too timid than to greenlight an article with the lack of informations (and partially contradicting informations, considering that the first police reports in cologne talked about a rather quiet silvester night).

I just checked ... even the official press release from the police in cologne on saturday is worded in a way that suggests rather small isolated incidents ... and, at that time, "only" had 30 victims who were victims of such crimes.

Pressemitteilungen und Pressemeldungen in Text, Bild, Video und Ton von mehr als 12.000 Pressestellen aus Wirtschaft, Industrie, Politik, Sport und Kultur.

It was just on monday when the police held a press conference and it became clear what extent those incidents really had.
    So I guess, considering the fact that our media outlets also use the press releases in order to get informed about newsworthy stories (and then do further research on them), those in charge in the skeleton crews of the media offices didn´t see the press releases as grave enough in order to do further research.
    Thanks Proteus for shedding actual light on the subject from an actual native of the country at hand. Diversity is one of the strengths of poly.

Thanks also for for pouring cold water on the racist agenda of three of the most bigoted posters on poly, namely DD, Kid and, sadly, Oerdin...

Clearly the whole story has been blown massively out of proportion by racists around the world. Obviously the true story is terrible, but then again on average about 80 people die from guns in the US every day - and I know for a fact which is the bigger outrage...

Comment

Witnesses said police officers in Cologne appeared to be surprised and overwhelmed by the attacks.

Rainer Wendt, head of the German Police Union, said there were simply not enough officers deployed on the night.

But Cologne police chief Wolfgang Albers has insisted they were well prepared, with 70 federal officers in the station, and about 140 Cologne police officers around the cathedral area and city centre.

Whatever the staffing numbers, however, it is clear officers on duty failed to stop the attacks.
      http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35241808
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I just checked ... even the official press release from the police in cologne on saturday is worded in a way that suggests rather small isolated incidents ... and, at that time, "only" had 30 victims who were victims of such crimes.
        30 rapes in one city during one day is not serious. I'm glad i don't live in Germany

Anyway, i'm not sure why things like that are allowed to happen in Germany. It will inevitably cause a reaction, and the longer it will be suppressed, the bigger it will be in the end. Germany went from one extreme towards other cultures to another, and i fear that with all that suppression of racial hate (that is inevitable to occur from these events that are a result of unsustainable policy towards immigrants) things can go back to dark times again when young generation will grow up.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

One suspected rape, which is obviously one too many, you moron.

You're basically the Russian version of Kid

Comment

Idk how you can have a society where the citizens can't trust the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry View Post
              Numbers for 2009:

Mother abusers are more common than father abusers (table 3-9 page 40): 37% are mothers, 18% fathers
              Female abusers are more common than male abusers (table 5-3 page 75): 54% are female, 44% males
              Boy victims are more common than girl victims (table 3-11 page 43): 48% are girls, 51% boys
              You have the victims stat transposed.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Idk how you can have a society where the citizens can't trust the press.
                Yeah, must be **** living in the US!

Worse still are the gullible idiots like you that lap up everything that Fox News spews out as gospel!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
                  30 rapes in one city during one day is not serious. I'm glad i don't live in Germany

Anyway, i'm not sure why things like that are allowed to happen in Germany. It will inevitably cause a reaction, and the longer it will be suppressed, the bigger it will be in the end. Germany went from one extreme towards other cultures to another, and i fear that with all that suppression of racial hate (that is inevitable to occur from these events that are a result of unsustainable policy towards immigrants) things can go back to dark times again when young generation will grow up.
                  They knew it was more. They just turned a blind eye. There was 210 police available to handle the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                    Yeah, must be **** living in the US!

Worse still are the gullible idiots like you that lap up everything that Fox News spews out as gospel!
                    Come on man. This is no time for your trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post

As Mobius already stated ... it was "just" one rape ...
                      the other ones were a mix of picked pockets and molestations,
                      which unfortunately happen during mass events.
                      (just, of course, normally not in the scale that later surfaced)

As for the police ... yes, it is clear that they were understaffed for the whole incident ...
                      also it seems like there has been some lack of clarity who is/was in charge of security for the fore court of the cologne main station ...
                      whether it is the federal police (who are responsible for the security of railway stations) or the cologne city police (who are responsible for the inner city)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        You have the victims stat transposed.
                        oops, yes indeed.
                        But anyway, the difference is so small, you can almost say "as many as". Kind of gender equality in a twisted way.
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

As Mobius already stated ... it was "just" one rape ...
                          the other ones were a mix of picked pockets and molestations,
                          which unfortunately happen during mass events.
                          (just, of course, normally not in the scale that later surfaced)

As for the police ... yes, it is clear that they were understaffed for the whole incident ...
                          also it seems like there has been some lack of clarity who is/was in charge of security for the fore court of the cologne main station ...
                          whether it is the federal police (who are responsible for the security of railway stations) or the cologne city police (who are responsible for the inner city)
                          210 officers is understaffed? So they basically did nothing?

Comment

210 officers is understaffed? So they basically did nothing?
                            The area around the dome of cologne is large ... as is the main station of cologne ... so I can just assume that the policemen were scattered in the area around the dome and the main station building.
                            From all reports I read there are 2 things that seem to stand out:
                            1. The policemen which actually were at the fore court of the main station were overstrained / too few
                            2. The whole scale of the offenses wasn´t clear (to the police) until the days after silvester (obviously due to them happening in the midst of the crowd of 1000 people who were assembled there)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The area around the dome of cologne is large ... as is the main station of cologne ... so I can just assume that the policemen were scattered in the area around the dome and the main station building.
                              From all reports I read there are 2 things that seem to stand out:
                              1. The policemen which actually were at the fore court of the main station were overstrained / too few
                              2. The whole scale of the offenses wasn´t clear (to the police) until the days after silvester (obviously due to them happening in the midst of the crowd of 1000 people who were assembled there)
                              This doesn't make sense. Do your police officers communicate with each other? One officer was assaulted! It doesn't matter if they were spread out. How did they not know what was going on? Surely some off them saw large gangs of drunk men. What did they do when they saw them? How do you protect citizens in your country. This should never have happened on this scale.

Comment

This doesn't make sense. Do your police officers communicate with each other? One officer was assaulted! It doesn't matter if they were spread out. How did they not know what was going on?
                                She was a plain clothes policewoman ... those don´t usually carry radios with them

Surely some off them saw large gangs of drunk men. What did they do when they saw them?
                                Uhm ... it was Silvester ... large gangs of drunk people are the norm rather than the exception during this time in major cities in germany
                                As well as are firecrackers flying around.
                                Having been in Düsseldorf myself (which is actually the largest city that is closest to cologne) with some friends during Silvester I can assure you that I wouldn´t want to be a policeman patrolling the old town during this time ... not much chance to divide celebrating (and drinking) people from those who commit crimes (or are victims of one) ... and lots of time for offenders to escape into the crowd (and I guess the crowd in Düsseldorf was less cluttered than the crowd in cologne)

How do you protect citizens in your country. This should never have happened on this scale.
                                I agree.
                                We will see how good the police in the major cities will manage the situation next month, when it is carnival ... and in both, Düsseldorf as well as Cologne there will be huge carnival processions, with probably even more celebrating and drunk people than during Sivester.

Comment

Working...
                                X