Terrorists occupy federal building in Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting.

...and before you say anything, that was the first link on googling "jury nullification".
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
      That land was stolen from them. That is the reality.
      History is a long, unbroken chain of land thefts. Let's all acknowledge humans are terrible and carry on with the way things are now, being sure to pretend the status quo is not obviously advantageous to some and disadvantageous to others.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        Giancarlo, I find your stance that jury nullification is grounds for a mistrial disturbing.
        Except that didn't happen.

The jury was tainted. And that website you posted has little credibility.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          History is a long, unbroken chain of land thefts. Let's all acknowledge humans are terrible and carry on with the way things are now, being sure to pretend the status quo is not obviously advantageous to some and disadvantageous to others.
          Or the govt can just declare the land a safe space.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I haven't read about the verdict but I thought they were acquitted of the more serious charges of intimidating a federal employee from doing their job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Sparky, the natives don't own that land. Get over your race baiting.
              You know nothing about treaty law, you racist sh!t. and that's Uncle Sparky to you.
              Last edited by Uncle Sparky; October 30, 2016, 00:37.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                You know nothing about treaty law, you racist sh!t. and that's Uncle Sparky to you.
                They'be been compensated for that land you brainwashed TWIT!

Comment

• Enough with the insults...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    Enough with the insults you morons
                    Fixed.
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      No it wasn't.
                      we gave them beads and blankets

Comment

• "By the time of the Commission's final report, it had awarded $818,172,606.64 in judgments and had completed 546 dockets.[4]"

Another victim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          "By the time of the Commission's final report, it had awarded $818,172,606.64 in judgments and had completed 546 dockets.[4]"

Another victim.
                          Interesting to know you can buy all the land in America for $818,172,606.64. Less than a billion dollars for the complete annexation of the 3rd largest country on earth. Bargain!

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            Interesting to know you can buy all the land in America for $818,172,606.64. Less than a billion dollars for the complete annexation of the 3rd largest country on earth. Bargain!
                            You can't. They didn't own the land. The payment was so that they would give up their claim.

Comment

• When Columbus came he discovered lots of squatters living on land they didn't own

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                                When Columbus came he discovered lots of squatters living on land they didn't own
                                Don't be ridiculous. This is 2016. The protestors are the Spanish of this generation.

Comment

Working...
                                X