No announcement yet.

Terrorists occupy federal building in Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also like "wittol," which means a knowing and contented cuckold. Though that one wouldn't get you many points.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• W's can get you a lot of points if you put them on a double triple letter going two ways ("wittol" one direction, and probably "we" or "wo" or "aw" or "ow" going the other direction)
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Wait.

You can scrabble in two directions at once?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
          He who lives by the sword - or in this case the gun...

Look, these people are getting the most extraordinarily lenient treatment from the authorities, and yet they still conspire to get themselves killed. Good riddance, I say.
          Ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            Wait.

You can scrabble in two directions at once?
            Your letters all have to be played on the same row/column, but this might form multiple words. For example, let's say that the word "have" is played horizontally, then you can play "wittol" horizontally with the 'w' above the 'e', and then you get points for playing "wittol" horizontally and "we" vertically. Or again with "have" played horizontally you could play "paw" horizontally with the 'a' below the 'h' and the 'w' below the 'a', and then you get points for the words "paw", "ha", and "aw"
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• This is the complete video footage of a joint FBI and Oregon State Police traffic stop and OSP officer-involved shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum along Oreg...

From the video start at 9:15 and watch until 9:40.

Tarp guy drops his hands down a few times before he is unambiguously shot, so judging from that it looks like it doesn't really match the "ran towards cops yelling" story already put out(by militia members too!). Of course, one witness said he was walking away slowly and calmly, so this video is an exercise in why "witnesses said" isn't a very good thing to base news reports off of. EVERYONE'S initial narrative was wrong.

Keep in mind this was not a random traffic stop. The local LEOs would have had at least a passing familiarity with the mindset of a lot of these guys, thanks to their willingness to engage in media interviews and throwing stuff up on youtube for all the world to see. It's probably fair to say that the local LEOs had been briefed on some of the more prominent individuals of the occupiers, of which Finicum the Tarp Guy was certainly one of those. In fact, the Tarp Guy had repeatedly said that he didn't intend on being "taken alive".

If Finicum had been standing still, or even moving very slowly with his hands up...man, knowing what I know about him if his hands had even twitched I think it would be completely expected for him to get shot. It may not have been the best shot, but if I were on a jury for the LEO that shot him, on the basis of this video(which a lot of people are saying it isn't justified), I would not vote to convict.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                Ugly.
                He wanted to die and he got his wish. I agree that it is an ugly situation where it is so easy to commit suicide by gun - whether it is pulling the trigger yourself, or getting someone else to do it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                  Good riddance, I say.
                  Ugly.

Comment

• A federal jury on Thursday found Ammon Bundy, his brother Ryan Bundy, and five co-defendants not guilty of conspiring to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs through intimidation, threat or force during the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

WTF?
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• good

the last check on politicians

Comment

• Freedom!
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Though rarely done, the judge should set aside the verdict. This is a ****ing terrorist group bent on killing.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• they had plenty of chances to kill people

Comment

• They should be guilty of at least something. We can't just let anyone who wants to to take over Federal buildings and initiate armed standoffs with the police.

Comment

• Not just anyone, Aeson. I mean, come on. If a bunch of black guys tried that they wouldn't make it to trial.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X