No announcement yet.

Terrorists occupy federal building in Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About their plea to have snacks and supplies mailed to them.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      I dunno. It seems early to tell. A lot of articles I see are drawing parallels between this and events in Ferguson and Baltimore. But they don't seem particularly comparable. When I think about the rioting/protesting in Ferguson and Baltimore, I am reminded of Vietnam-era protests, especially the Kent State shootings. Our government has a number of blemishes when it comes to not shooting protesters, whether black or white. I don't deny that race plays a role in America, but I think it's often difficult to identify specific instances of racism. (Like, for example, climate change is happening, and that affects the weather, but it's difficult to point to specific instances of bad weather and say: climate change did that.)
      The initial reaction shows it clearly enough. Should look at an actual parallel (even if just hypothetical).

It's hard to imagine the response (government and media) would be the same if this were a group of armed Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        The initial reaction shows it clearly enough. Should look at an actual parallel (even if just hypothetical).

It's hard to imagine the response (government and media) would be the same if this were a group of armed Muslims.
        That's not how Muslims do things. Muslims just go into a crowded place and start killing as many civilians as possible.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

This is most likely going to end peacefully. The protestors are going to bring attention to their cause and be charged with trespassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            That's not how Muslims do things. Muslims just go into a crowded place and start killing as many civilians as possible.
            Thanks for a perfect example of the prejudice I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Thanks for a perfect example of the prejudice I am talking about.
              Thanks for accepting my statement as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                This is most likely going to end peacefully. The protestors are going to bring attention to their cause and be charged with trespassing.
                and soon, wtf were these dudes thinking?

They're occupying a remote building and didn't bring enough food?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  and soon, wtf were these dudes thinking?

They're occupying a remote building and didn't bring enough food?
                  It's just to bring attention to their cause. They weren't planning on staying long, because the media is going to stop reporting on them soon.

Comment

So...sitting here watching the news and the "terrorist" are pretty much alone on the prairie. The only thing in sight is the news media. And one wonders why these things happen. If they had been totally ignored, they probably would have already gone home.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                      Gunmen have occupied government buildings in a US state and yet nothing is being done about it - in fact it's barely even newsworthy!

Black kid with a toy gun, shoot on sight!
                      Come on man. Tamir Rice was taller than me and pointing a toy gun modified to look real at people. If I was running around pointing what looked like a real gun at people, I wouldn't be too surprised to end up ventilated.

Loads of white guys with guns occupy government, meh...

Why the double standards, America?
                      (1)Because no lives are at immediate risk.

(2)Not really that much of doublestandards, For example, the Indian occupation of Alcatraz resulted in a long standoff because, well, no lives were at risk. It's a hallmark of LE procedures to not start shooting unless someone's life is at immediate risk.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        The best part is how these idiots forgot to pack food and supplies and so are now on the internet begging for people to mail "snacks and supplies" to them via the evil government run USPS.
                        Can we send Kool-Aid?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          The best part is how these idiots forgot to pack food and supplies and so are now on the internet begging for people to mail "snacks and supplies" to them via the evil government run USPS.
                          Sounds like a typical Redneck-Action ...
                          everything done without any planning and forethought involved

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                            Come on man. Tamir Rice was taller than me and pointing a toy gun modified to look real at people. If I was running around pointing what looked like a real gun at people, I wouldn't be too surprised to end up ventilated.
                            Hmm...he was a big kid at 12 - and he wasn't white... I suspect if he was white and in a nice middle to upper class neighborhood he'd be alive

the cops screwed up regardless, they didn't investigate and nobody but them was in any immediate "danger"

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              Hmm...he was a big kid at 12 -
                              Five seven, as a matter of fact. Taller than me.

and he wasn't white... I suspect if he was white and in a nice middle to upper class neighborhood he'd be alive

the cops screwed up regardless, they didn't investigate and nobody but them was in any immediate "danger"
                              Depends, I'm a big believer in a "if you point a gun at people, expect to get shot" line of thought. The police were called in based reports that he was pointing what looked like a real gun at people.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I understand that, but they didn't investigate... Instead they charged in recklessly with guns blazing

Comment

Working...
                                X