Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

And as for those women whose ill-will you have reason to fear, admonish them; then beat them...

Isn't that wierd that I turned right to that verse? Is that a coincidence or a miracle. I don't know if I should even read any more. This is Obama's holy book, and he is a feminist. WTF?!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

This Koran ended up at my church somehow. It says that it's compliments of CAIR. I checked it out. (wink wink)

Comment

How is it Obama's holy book?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

He calls it the Holy Koran.

Comment

I'm sure there's absolutely no way one could open the Bible to a random page and find something objectionable.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So you're saying Muslims are MRAs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I'm sure there's absolutely no way one could open the Bible to a random page and find something objectionable.
              Yeah, but it has notes. The notes say that's what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                So you're saying Muslims are MRAs?
                First of all I'm a Christian. Christian's don't believe in beating their wives because they are disobedient. They just suck it up.

Second, MRA's don't believe in beating their wives, unless their wives beat them first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  First of all I'm a Christian. Christian's don't believe in beating their wives because they are disobedient.
                  Well not since men started "getting oppressed".

Second, MRA's don't believe in beating their wives, unless their wives beat them first.
                  Neither of which will happen since MRA's don't have wives, they have ex-wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

No. This has always been in the Bible. Christians have never believed in beating their wives. What Christians believed 2000 years ago they believe today. It doesn't change.
                    Well the female MRAs don't have either.

Comment

What bible do you have?

Ephesians 5

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
                      Self mutilation is wrong, and so is beating your wife. Full stop.

Strange. Shouldn't you defer to the man with more marriage experience?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He calls it the Holy Koran.
                        So anyone who says "Holy Bible" instead of "Bible" is a Christian?

Comment

This has always been in the Bible.
                          What is in the Bible: If your wife commits adultery, stone her to death. If your daughter can't prove her virginity, stone her to death. If you happen to run into the wife of one of your enemies, rape her then kill her (and the kids).
                          What doesn't appear in the Bible: "Thou shalt not beat thy wife".

Christians have never believed in beating their wives. What Christians believed 2000 years ago they believe today. It doesn't change.
                          History refutes you. It was legal to beat your wife in many Christian countries for centuries. Even once restrictions were placed on it was still legal to beat your wife in some ways. Even once it was made illegal it was generally allowed/ignored. Poor oppressed men can't just beat their wives whenever they want now. It's so hard to be male

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            What bible do you have?
                            The one with Deuteronomy.

Self mutilation is wrong, and so is beating your wife. Full stop.
                            Of course it's wrong. But look at what Christians actually have done throughout history.

Strange. Shouldn't you defer to the man with more marriage experience?
                            When your only qualification is having had a failed marriage ... definitely not.

Otherwise Larry King is the ultimate authority on marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              So anyone who says "Holy Bible" instead of "Bible" is a Christian?
                              And anyone who says "Holy Cow" is Hindu.

Comment

Working...
                              X