Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Calling you and your brother out for continually misleading the forum is not hate. What you do is hate. This personal attack is hate. That thread is hate. Your signature is hate (from you).
    Only people misleading the forum with hatred are you and BK...

You two are so full of hatred, you even hate each other - despite being so alike!

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
      Only people misleading the forum with hatred are you and BK...

You two are so full of hatred, you even hate each other - despite being so alike!
      If it weren't for people like me on this site, there would be no one to check your bull****. And there's plenty of it.

Me and BK don't hate each other. We have disagreements. I don't hate people I have disagreements with, and I doubt BK does. In fact, I take his word for it. That's where you got it twisted, or is it that's how you twist it.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        As I said, every post you make oozes hate.
        Did you call mommy and daddy haters too, when they told you to be nice to people?

Comment

• As I said, every post you make oozes hate. You really need help. I hope you get it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Me and BK don't hate each other. We have disagreements. I don't hate people I have disagreements with, and I doubt BK does. In fact, I take his word for it. That's where you got it twisted, or is it that's how you twist it.
            What a ****ing hypocrite!

Comment

I'm a ****ing hypocrite!
              ftfy

Comment

• So pathetic...

Everything about you is hatred and bitterness. The way you hate your wife despite abusing her so much she walked out on you; your racism; your homophobia; that you condone rape; your hatred for Islam...

Such anger...

Comment

So pathetic...

Everything about you is hatred and bitterness. The way you hate your wife despite abusing her so much she walked out on you; your racism; your homophobia; that you condone rape; your hatred for Islam...

Such anger...
                  I actually like you. But that doesn't make it better. You do the same thing they do, even if you stand up for people some times. When you join in on personal attacks that are just stupid and hateful you aren't any better than them.

Comment

No. This has always been in the Bible. Christians have never believed in beating their wives. What Christians believed 2000 years ago they believe today. It doesn't change.
                    You seem to be wrong on this one...

Seems although that some christians of the past tried to improve the status of women, but they weren't the one that were listen to.

On the other hand, christianity being some mix of religions popular in Roman times. Judaism (YHWH), Sol Invinctus (the sun god => Sunday is christian holy day), Jupiter (the image of the bearded God = Jupiter) and a mix of egyptian gods: Cult of Maria id f*ing close to the Isis cult, Jesus is f*ing close to Horus,... The early christians inherit also of the patriarchal system of the Romans. So it is hard to say if the oppression of women in christianity is of "true" christian origin or if it was bastartized by the Roman influence. That is a valid question.

But you can't deny the obvious misogyny of Paul.
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yeah everything is a continuation of before.

Even jesus (if it is an historical person) was probably born in spring but the christians transfered the feast in winter to coincide with the ancient pagan fests. Such was the power of the older religions (nature/harvest oriented).

Also saint nicolas = poseidon
                      etc
                      etc

Comment

• Misogyny was also strong in ancient greeks.

They regarded woman mainly as a vehicle for giving birth.

The exception was the "heterai" hugely knowledgable prostitutes, which they respected.
                        Then lysistrata changed all that

Comment

• Lysistrata.

Great play by Aristophanes

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dry View Post
                              You seem to be wrong on this one...

Seems although that some christians of the past tried to improve the status of women, but they weren't the one that were listen to.

On the other hand, christianity being some mix of religions popular in Roman times. Judaism (YHWH), Sol Invinctus (the sun god => Sunday is christian holy day), Jupiter (the image of the bearded God = Jupiter) and a mix of egyptian gods: Cult of Maria id f*ing close to the Isis cult, Jesus is f*ing close to Horus,... The early christians inherit also of the patriarchal system of the Romans. So it is hard to say if the oppression of women in christianity is of "true" christian origin or if it was bastartized by the Roman influence. That is a valid question.

But you can't deny the obvious misogyny of Paul.
                              I define misogyny as hatred for women, in the literal sense. The early church was liberal compared to Roman society as a whole. I mean liberals became converts faster than the more conservative members. There were many female leaders in the early church. Some are recorded. Paul didn't want the church to be overly offensive so he did what he could to encourage Christians to be less offensive to the general public. He did so in a Christian way, which is to his credit. It kept conflict to a minimum within the churches, and with the non-believers. But make no mistake, Christianity was, and still is radical.

------

When I speak of Christians I mean those who are faithful. Not to pass judgment on anyone, but not everyone who says they are a Christian is one. Jesus said so. And for many centuries pretty much everyone called themselves a Christian. No Christian should have ever taken advantage of their authority to abuse anyone though, and they still shouldn't to this day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                Jon Miller
                                I think there's some truth to the idea that secularization is a weird, modern trend, but I feel as though the relationship between religion and public life has historically not always had the character that it does in Islam. I've been reading a lot of ancient Greek philosophy recently, where Socrates and Plato and Aristotle seem to take this kind of jokey, half-respectful tone with regards to religion. They'll say things like, "Well, it's said that the gods love X. And that must be true, but it leads to Y, which is crazy! So let's come up with something completely different instead that doesn't make the gods look like idiots." Now, obviously, you've got bits like Socrates being put to death for supposed irreligion, but it often seems like what is required in ancient Greek society is reverence for the idea of the gods, rather than submission to any one particular god's commands. And that doesn't seem particularly similar to what you see in Islamic societies. Of course, ancient Greece != the rest of world history, but it's an example I'm currently somewhat familiar with.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X