Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giblets View Post
    So anyone who says "Holy Bible" instead of "Bible" is a Christian?
    I suppose, unless they are lying.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      What is in the Bible: If your wife commits adultery, stone her to death. If your daughter can't prove her virginity, stone her to death. If you happen to run into the wife of one of your enemies, rape her then kill her (and the kids).
      What doesn't appear in the Bible: "Thou shalt not beat thy wife".

History refutes you. It was legal to beat your wife in many Christian countries for centuries. Even once restrictions were placed on it was still legal to beat your wife in some ways. Even once it was made illegal it was generally allowed/ignored. Poor oppressed men can't just beat their wives whenever they want now. It's so hard to be male
      You're just acting stupid. I have no idea. Maybe you really are stupid.

Comment

The one with Deuteronomy.

Of course it's wrong. But look at what Christians actually have done throughout history.

When your only qualification is having had a failed marriage ... definitely not.

Otherwise Larry King is the ultimate authority on marriage?
        So according to you someone with no business is an expert on running a business compared to someone who ran one and failed?

Logic. Use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          I suppose, unless they are lying.
          Or they've heard people saying "Holy Bible" often enough that they say it without thinking about it....?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Or they've heard people saying "Holy Bible" often enough that they say it without thinking about it....?
            So you're saying that he doesn't know what 'holy' means? Really? Try again. This time sit and think for 10 minutes before you type.

Comment

Another tidbit: Muslims believe that the Book (Quran) is actually God. That's what it says in this Quran. That's why they get so pissed about you burning them.

Comment

So according to you someone with no business is an expert on running a business compared to someone who ran one and failed?
                Ben was promoting an appeal to authority fallacy ... I pointed out you aren't even an authority. I prefer to judge advice according to what a person actually is saying and how application of it has worked out (or not).

I have a wonderful relationship with a wonderful woman. We treat each other with respect, we're best friends who spend most of our time together, we take care of each other, we love each other, we help each other to be better people.

You have a broken marriage, hate towards women, and are whining about being part of the most advantaged gender group.

So no, I don't think you have anything to offer me in regards to how to have a relationship, how to treat women, or how to judge advantage.

Comment

So you're saying that he doesn't know what 'holy' means? Really? Try again. This time sit and think for 10 minutes before you type.
                  It's obvious that a non-believer can use the word "holy" to describe someone else's "holy X". This is especially obvious for a politician acting as a diplomat addressing that group of people.

That should only take about half a second to realize. So maybe you'll need more than 10 minutes.

Comment

Ben was promoting an appeal to authority fallacy ...
                    No he wasn't. You're the one who accused me of not knowing how to have a successful marriage since I failed at one, which is a logical fallacy. You can't accuse someone of a logical fallacy when you were the first one to do so.
                    I pointed out you aren't even an authority. I prefer to judge advice according to what a person actually is saying and how application of it has worked out (or not).
                    No you don't. Stop trying to fool people. You judged me because I'm an MRA (even though I said I'm a Christian, but then you also judged me because I'm a Christian), and the fact that I've had a failed marriage. You did not judge my lecture to you on how to have a successful marriage. If you had half a brain you would realize that I never lectured you on how to have a happy marriage.
                    I have a wonderful relationship with a wonderful woman. We treat each other with respect, we're best friends who spend most of our time together, we take care of each other, we love each other, we help each other to be better people.
                    You don't have a commitment. You don't have kids. You have never had any tough times. You don't know ****.
                    You have a broken marriage, hate towards women, and are whining about being part of the most advantaged gender group.
                    And you're a liar, a false accuser and a manipulator. Not marriage material. Stick to your casual affair bud.
                    So no, I don't think you have anything to offer me in regards to how to have a relationship, how to treat women, or how to judge advantage.
                    Ok. Well I wasn't trying to tell you how to have a marriage.

Comment

Another tidbit: Muslims believe that the Book (Quran) is actually God. That's what it says in this Quran. That's why they get so pissed about you burning them.
                      no they don't. they believe it is a revelation from god.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

It's obvious that a non-believer can use the word "holy" to describe someone else's "holy X". This is especially obvious for a politician acting as a diplomat addressing that group of people.

That should only take about half a second to realize. So maybe you'll need more than 10 minutes.
                        Where I come from we use words correctly pal.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                          no they don't. they believe it is a revelation from god.
                          Let's see.... I could believe your dumbass or I could believe this Koran right here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stupidest Poster on Apolyton View Post
                            Let's see.... I could believe your dumbass or I could believe this Koran right here.
                            it doesn't surprise me that you haven't understood what's right in front of you.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              it doesn't surprise me that you haven't understood what's right in front of you.
                              And you think you do?

Comment

i understand that muslims believe the quran is a revelation from god.

Comment

Working...
                                X