Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia executes 47 prisoners in one day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia executes 47 prisoners in one day.

Saudi Arabia said Saturday it had executed 47 people in a single day, including a dissident Shiite cleric, Nimr al-Nimr, who had repeatedly spoken out against the government and the Saudi royal family.

It is a pretty profound display of weakness and insecurity by Saudi Arabia. The ruling elites know a lot of people are upset with the government for carrying on wars in Yemen and Syria plus there are a lot of people upset that the government has cut back subsidies and the free cash give aways. Then there were shi'ia protesters who were peacefully protesting for an end to discrimination against their community so the authoritarian government carried out a show trial and today executed the peaceful protest leader.

I don't see how any of this leads to anything good and more than anything it just show the corrupt elites are scared and desperately trying to pretend they are strong. It is a really ducked up country full of really ****ed up people who all believe some pretty ****ed up and barbaric stuff. Sadly, the house of Saud can't or won't change any thing meaningful while who ever eventually replaces them will likely be even worse. The government is still actively promoting Salafism which virtually every Sunni terrorist group in the world follows. It's a ****ing mess.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Did they execute terrorists, or people who support terrorism?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Saudi officials said that the 47 executions were carried out at 12 sites after convictions for terror acts.

Comment

The ball's in your court, Texas.
        Last edited by DaShi; January 3, 2016, 14:44.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          Did they execute terrorists, or people who support terrorism?
          They were people accused of being terrorist along with a bunch of people who dared to protest an absolute monarch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            They were people accused of being terrorist along with a bunch of people who dared to protest an absolute monarch.
            No. They were ALL accused of terrorism.

Comment

Accused only? Does Saudi Arabia require convictions or are they good with summary executions? (I wish I was being flippant )
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They got as fair of a trial as Bill Cosby will get.

Comment

Our allies who love freedom and justice and that is why we love them back.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

gotta keep those arms manufacturers' profits high.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      No. They were ALL accused of terrorism.
                      Read the article kid because several of these "terrorists" were in fact nonviolent protesters who were attempting to petition their government for a change in the discriminator policies against them due to their religion. Saudi Arabia also is not know for giving defendants fair trials.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Read the article kid because several of these "terrorists" were in fact nonviolent protesters who were attempting to petition their government for a change in the discriminator policies against them due to their religion. Saudi Arabia also is not know for giving defendants fair trials.
                        It says they were all members of terrorist groups. That's a terrorist.

Comment

Look for Shia terrorism to arrive in earnest in Saudi now. I hope history will not mark this as the starting point of the Iran-Saudi war. I can easily see Russia and the U.S. at loggerheads over that conflict with Russia's growing relationship with Tehran and the U.S. pledge to defend the Saudis.

I really wonder what the Saudi thinking was here. They could easily have let that cleric waste away in a Saudi prison for decades...
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Maybe the thinking was if he was dead, they'd eventually forget.
                            A living, even imprisoned one, is a constant reminder.

A definite rational open to debate.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or a political **** you for something Iran did that isn't public knowledge.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X