Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does God prohibit random stuff?

Like, say, bacon. Or butt sex.

Terry Pratchett's god Nuggan believes that the whole point of prohibiting stuff is so that your worshippers can prove that they would rather worship you than eat bacon or butt**** a dude (or in Nuggan's case, eat chocolate or garlic). It's not that eating bacon or having butt sex is evil or immoral or whatever, rather it's more that not eating bacon or having butt sex is the equivalent to praying. The problem is that later generations probably won't realize how awesome bacon or butt****ing was and so the prohibition will start to lose its weight.

Another reason to prohibit something is because it's gross and you're omniscient

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Well, both bacon and butt sex are bad for you so.....
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Arsenic is even worse for you, but that doesn't even warrant a mention

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        Arsenic is even worse for you, but that doesn't even warrant a mention
        The ancients didn't know what arsenic is. The point is that you can't blame God for harming yourself. For example, I know a person who thinks that God is ok with her smoking because she can't quit. Now, why would any reasonable person think that God wants you to smoke?

So if she reads the Bible she will know. God does not approve of you harming yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          The ancients didn't know what arsenic is.
          Yes they did, however I was being facetious - the Hebrews don't mention arsenic for the same reason that they don't mention a ton of other stuff that isn't relevant to their conception of god.

I know a person who thinks that God is ok with her smoking because she can't quit.
          Good lord

Comment

Butt sex has nothing to do with the Hebrew's conception of God. Butt sex killed people. It shouldn't be any suprise to anyone that is was prohibited.

Comment

Okay, how did butt sex kill people (aside from somebody saying "ewww, butt sex" and murdering the butt sexer / butt sexee)

Comment

Yes, it's OK to kill those that don't believe what you do but "BUTT SEX", oh the evil.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Okay, how did butt sex kill people (aside from somebody saying "ewww, butt sex" and murdering the butt sexer / butt sexee)
                  Infection.

Comment

IIRC the Jews follow hundreds of arbitrary commands from God as a way of showing gratitude for not being slaves in Egypt.

Comment

Infection.
                      Please provide an uncomfortable level of detail about how somebody would get an infection via butt sex

Comment

Please provide an uncomfortable level of detail about how somebody would get an infection via butt sex
                        You would probably like that.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                          IIRC the Jews follow hundreds of arbitrary commands from God as a way of showing gratitude for not being slaves in Egypt.
                          And what did Jesus say about that?

Comment

Also, God will threaten to send you to hell to be tortured for eternity if you have butt sex because if you don't know how to use lube your butt could get damaged, and God doesn't want your butt to get damaged, so God will threaten you with eternal torture in order to scare you out of damaging your butt and if you're a dude who's only attracted to other dudes that means you should live a life of celibacy, or have sex with women even though you won't enjoy it, or maybe just stick with blowjobs.

Comment

You would probably like that.
                              Alternatively, I'll just assume that you don't know what you're talking about as usual

Comment

Working...
                              X